I wonder why...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why has Directv carried YES since they launched in 2002 yet E* hasnt? :)

Because Charlie doesn't want any of the potential 12 million + customers that are in the NYC area?

That's great. my parents have E* and I feel so sorry for them, but the one thing, she lives in zip code 95304. For me, it wasn't really much loss since I visit them every now and again. But I saw a few of my old VHS cassettes that had Nick GAS stuff and clearly enough it was available, but since it's gone, I barely care for them now. As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy for Prime Ticket HD, FSW HD and CSNCA HD. (It's really odd though that A's do not get blacked out nor the Angels/Dodgers) since I'm considered on the borderline. Vs. is also good too! Now I'm just waiting for enough money to get 3d to sub to D* 3DTV! Now I'll be waiting for that!:D

With only 3 channels of Cinemax the best thing you could come up with was Nick Gas? You sure your really Nashman and not Cheech.

I was just only curious about it. Doesn't really mean anything now since the network became non-existant. Besides, I care more about MSG, MLB and YES which now is considered Charlie's Delicious Cake in which he will try to eat.

Dude, pass whatever you're smoking.

I really don't think they'll ever get YES, and they won't be getting MSG back any time soon either with their negotiation skills (and if they do, it'll be SD like it was before it was yanked 2 months ago).

Dude, pass whatever you're smoking.

I really don't think they'll ever get YES, and they won't be getting MSG back any time soon either with their negotiation skills (and if they do, it'll be SD like it was before it was yanked 2 months ago).

Amen, brother! YES/MLB is similar to like how Charlie and his partner became a bunch of cheap p***ies who only care about saving money for customers who will go with their competitor. Srsly Chuck, give it up, even if you say that you will be looking after the customer, it's very obvious that you are not looking after your customers at all. Chuck's negotiation skills are cheap and thats why MSG Networks are in YT like Compression and YES/MLB Networks will always be Chuck's delicious cake. E* always tend to get popular programming pulled for your $1. Plus, you add too many unnecessary junk channels nobody even watches at all. Come on, The Barbie channel, the Shopping channel and those other atrocity of a channel lineup? It's programming like that makes E* very inferior and therefore IMHO, E* needs to go Chapter 7, shut down completely and maybe some other company like SkyAngel should be D*'s competitor from now on. Plus, Chuck needs to become the adult version of Mitchell Henderson.

Last edited:
Besides, I kinda did like Nick GAS because they carried a whole lot of childrens game shows such as Double Dare, Legends of The Hidden Temple, Figure it out, Finders Keepers since I got a whole lot of those episodes via video trades online.

Besides, I kinda did like Nick GAS because they carried a whole lot of childrens game shows such as Double Dare, Legends of The Hidden Temple, Figure it out, Finders Keepers since I got a whole lot of those episodes via video trades online.

I think that it was a good idea to have Nick Jr. (Noggin) has a separate channel; however, I was not too sure about TeenNick (The N). What I do not get is why they did not air Nick GAS programming on TeenNick (The N). I am sure that could still work.....LOL. Maybe GSN could pick up some of the old Nick GAS shows.

While we are looking back at old dead channels. I'm wonder why: satellite or cable refuses to carry the Brazilian version of VOOM programing, HBO hasn't resurrected that Festival channel from the mid 1980s, CBS won't put any of its AFC and college games on UPN, I can't find Tech TV, Ha!, and the Comedy Channel on my Dish Network EPG (is it on DirecTV's), I can't find my copy of Steamboat Willie that I recorded off of Toon Disney, the local weather won't show up on NBC Weather Plus (is it going to be 90 degrees tomorow or what?), MTVX just wants to suddenly play rap, my genesis won't hook up to the Sega Channel (it's only been 15 years since I tried NHL 95 against that kid in Pittsburgh, AND I WANT MY REMATCH), and finally, I turn to Turner South to see re-runs of Major Dad and only get an RSN feed.

Really? Nick GAS? I must say, I don't know about you but I would take re-runs of GUTS and Legends of the Hidden Temple over any Yankee broadcast any minute of any day. This is a fun thread.

On a serious note, you guys are right about Dish being stupid and alienating the NYC sports fans. But, it's Charlie's call. Enjoy your MLB and YES, and we'll enjoy our EPIX and EPIX 2 and EPIX 3, yeah we got EPIX, what do you DirecTV people have to say about that?!? EPIXssssssss! Yeah!

Last edited:
While we are looking back at old dead channels. I'm wonder why: satellite or cable refuses to carry the Brazilian version of VOOM programing, HBO hasn't resurrected that Festival channel from the mid 1980s, CBS won't put any of its AFC and college games on UPN, I can't find Tech TV, Ha!, and the Comedy Channel on my Dish Network EPG (is it on DirecTV's), I can't find my copy of Steamboat Willie that I recorded off of Toon Disney, the local weather won't show up on NBC Weather Plus (is it going to be 90 degrees tomorow or what?), MTVX just wants to suddenly play rap, my genesis won't hook up to the Sega Channel (it's only been 15 years since I tried NHL 95 against that kid in Pittsburgh, AND I WANT MY REMATCH), and finally, I turn to Turner South to see re-runs of Major Dad and only get an RSN feed.

Really? Nick GAS? I must say, I don't know about you but I would take re-runs of GUTS and Legends of the Hidden Temple over any Yankee broadcast any minute of any day. This is a fun thread.

On a serious note, you guys are right about Dish being stupid and alienating the NYC sports fans. But, it's Charlie's call. Enjoy your MLB and YES, and we'll enjoy our EPIX and EPIX 2 and EPIX 3, yeah we got EPIX, what do you DirecTV people have to say about that?!? EPIXssssssss! Yeah!

Not much, never heard of it, guess I'm not missing anything. :)

No one carries the whole MTV Networks Digital suite mux, Pizza or Cable I had it on C band years ago when they sold it to us, it was nice. Because of bandwidth restrictions and what these second generation providers wish to add we get.

Attachments

• mtv suite.jpg
    mtv suite.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 103
I might consider moving to Dish (good international channels) if they had any respect for sports fans especially in the NY area.
9 NY Area teams:
MSG - Rangers, Islanders, Devils, Knicks
YES - Yankees, Nets

So basically Dish only covers the SNY-Mets.
I don't give them credit for the Giants and Jets since football is on national broadcast network TV
MLB network would be nice too...

Bottom line:
DirecTV - for Men
Dish - for Women (no sports needed)

While I am watching a ballgame on DirecTv, Dish customers can have some quality time with their wives.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)