I wonder why...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bottom line:
DirecTV - for Men
Dish - for Women (no sports needed)
:)

I think that is somewhat wrong to say....Women do like sports, and who says that all men like sports or only want to watch sports? However, in general, it seems that DirecTV is more for sports and Dish is more for movies. With Dish, we get an extra RSN, though. So, I am not sure that the labels fit 100% of the time, but if you want Sunday Ticket, then DirecTV offers that. So, I would say DirecTV has more sports offerings, and I would say that Dish has more movie offerings.

I have to agree with George99 somewhat. a New York City area sports fan is completely isolated by Dish; however, to say that it's just for women across the United States is an unfair assumption. Look at Los Angeles, Lakers/Clippers/Angels/Dodgers/Kings (yes only 5 on RSNs, but they don't have a little New Jersey like state to leach off their teams as well) and all these teams are carried on Dish. So, it's useless to a New York sports fan, but very useful to sports fans in other markets (mine included).

I have to agree with George99 somewhat. a New York City area sports fan is completely isolated by Dish; however, to say that it's just for women across the United States is an unfair assumption. Look at Los Angeles, Lakers/Clippers/Angels/Dodgers/Kings (yes only 5 on RSNs, but they don't have a little New Jersey like state to leach off their teams as well) and all these teams are carried on Dish. So, it's useless to a New York sports fan, but very useful to sports fans in other markets (mine included).

I was looking at it as a whole in terms of across the US.

Forgot one other team, The Anaheim Ducks.

No one carries the whole MTV Networks Digital suite mux, Pizza or Cable I had it on C band years ago when they sold it to us, it was nice. Because of bandwidth restrictions and what these second generation providers wish to add we get.

Huh??? Time Warner in Buffalo carries all of them.

mtvsuite.jpg

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Medi...ocuments/cable/WNYCLU/lineup_wny_suburban.pdf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)