ID THIS LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
Had a good dish hunting week and scored several old SKY dishes (sorry Anole, all stamped ones :(). Came across one with a very nice looking LNB that I can't find any specs for.

Part of the label is faded out (the specs part of course). Anyone have any specs on this:

Sharp Model BS1R8EL 105A

can't find anything on it
but the

BS1R8EL 100A is a single output Universal black/dark in color
BS1R8EL 100W is a single output Universal white in color
BS1R8EL 200A is a dual output Universal black/dark in color
BS1R8EL 200W is a dual output Universal white in color
BS1R8EL 400A is a quad output Universal black/dark in color
BS1R8EL 400W is a quad output Universal white in color

so if i had to guess i'ld say it was a single output Universal lnbf that is black in color & 0.6 noise figure

can't find anything on it
but the

BS1R8EL 100A is a single output Universal black/dark in color
BS1R8EL 100W is a single output Universal white in color
BS1R8EL 200A is a dual output Universal black/dark in color
BS1R8EL 200W is a dual output Universal white in color
BS1R8EL 400A is a quad output Universal black/dark in color
BS1R8EL 400W is a quad output Universal white in color

so if i had to guess i'ld say it was a single output Universal lnbf that is black in color & 0.6 noise figure

Thanks for the info - yes, it is a single (should have included that up front - duh).

Think I'll toss this rig up on 123 and see what the Q looks like.

Thanks for the research assist.:up

This is definately a universal LNB once commonly used in EU by Package providers and it proved to be very poor at interference rejection. Sharp had a bad name for quality control and identical LNBs varied drastically. Set the rig up with a known LNB then try the Sharp and I'd be interested to hear your results

This is definately a universal LNB once commonly used in EU by Package providers and it proved to be very poor at interference rejection. Sharp had a bad name for quality control and identical LNBs varied drastically. Set the rig up with a known LNB then try the Sharp and I'd be interested to hear your results

Set it up this afternoon on a test rig (sawhorses). Used the original SKY dish with the original Sharp LNB - dialed in to 123.

Not bad! Pretty easy to aim and decent S&Q numbers - and I saw pretty good swings dinking with the LNB skew - even while my arm was in front of the dish making the skew adjustments. Some clouds rolled in while I was playing with the skew adjusments and I didn't notice any sig drop off at all.

Think I'm going to use this one to replace my stationary 123 dish and tie it in. :D

Yea, come on, Mike - show us some pictures! - :cool:

. . . and clue us in on your other projects. :D

It's not the black mesh - stamped metal - a little "taller" than it is wide.

No pictures for the next week or so, took it down off the test bed and it's in the shed.

Leaving tomorrow morning for southern Baja to the whale birthing lagoons, so won't play with it until I get back. Looking forward to the 80 degree weather down there - should be a pretty drive. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts