ideas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hommer1

Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
MT
hello I just got a h24 hd reciver and I have a slimline dish and on the lmb it says sl3 I have tried to aim the dish to get the hd programing and am unable to get all the hd channels I get some movie channels but no speed or espn or nfl in hd when I aimed the dish get some singnel on 103 none on 99 get singel on 101 110 and 119 my question is do I have the right lmb to recive the singel or do I need some power adapter or do i just have to keep trying to fine tune any help would be great:eek:

hello I just got a h24 hd reciver and I have a slimline dish and on the lmb it says sl3 I have tried to aim the dish to get the hd programing and am unable to get all the hd channels I get some movie channels but no speed or espn or nfl in hd when I aimed the dish get some singnel on 103 none on 99 get singel on 101 110 and 119 my question is do I have the right lmb to recive the singel or do I need some power adapter or do i just have to keep trying to fine tune any help would be great:eek:

The sl3 doesn't get signal from 110 or 119, so you may not be pointing the dish correctly. Are you aiming for 101? Can you post the signals you are getting on all of the satellites?

The sl3 doesn't get signal from 110 or 119, so you may not be pointing the dish correctly. Are you aiming for 101? Can you post the signals you are getting on all of the satellites?

on sat 101 88% sat 110 92% sat 119 95% sat 99c 0% 99s 0% sat 103s 0% sat103ca 74% sat103cb 0%

on sat 101 88% sat 110 92% sat 119 95% sat 99c 0% 99s 0% sat 103s 0% sat103ca 74% sat103cb 0%

I'm guessing you really have an sl5 lnb, not an sl3. How many pods are there on it? The sl3 has only one. Anyway, is the bbc installed?

I'm guessing you really have an sl5 lnb, not an sl3. How many pods are there on it? The sl3 has only one. Anyway, is the bbc installed?

what is the bbc my lmb is one oval with what looks like 3 in side it the number is SL3K4R-02

what is the bbc my lmb is one oval with what looks like 3 in side it the number is SL3K4R-02

The lnb is definitely a sl3, which means it can't see 110 and 119. My best guess it that you aren't pointing the dish at the right satellite. Check to be sure it's pointing at 101. I am attaching a picture of a bbc. You need one to get the hd channels. It connects to the receiver, then the cable attaches to it. Also, have you checked to be sure the mast is plumb?

Attachments

• bbc.jpg
    bbc.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 106
Those numbers are not even possible with and SL3. The spacing on the LNB could not pick those satellite locations.

So there is something going on here that you are not telling us.

The lnb is definitely a sl3, which means it can't see 110 and 119. My best guess it that you aren't pointing the dish at the right satellite. Check to be sure it's pointing at 101. I am attaching a picture of a bbc. You need one to get the hd channels. It connects to the receiver, then the cable attaches to it. Also, have you checked to be sure the mast is plumb?

thanks I just ordered one will see if this helps

I just wanted to say thanks for the help put in my b band converter and bang my hd channels are working:)

I thought the 24 series receivers had BBC's built in? I have 2 HR24-100's that don't need BBC's.

It's the H/HR23s that have the bbcs built in. You don't need them because you have the swm lnb. With the swm, no one needs the bbcs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)