Identify First Run In Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
On Comcast the guide Id's a program by NEW/REPEAT, E* has the actual date of first run, however I can't seem to find a way to distinguish a first run show on the D* guide.

When searching a show I do see 2 FIRST RUN/30 TOTAL but when picking a show is there a way to see if its a repeat or first run?

Thanks

Brian

Well,
Whenever a show is a repeat it says "Repeat" in the description, sometimes you need to go into the whole description.

Occasionally it's not listed , but normally it's pretty accurate.
Remember, this is a Tribune Company issue of getting the correct info from the show/ network, not D*.
Tribune I believe still does the Guide Info for D*

If D* is not given the correct info, there is nothing they can do to change that.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo I will have to look further as I never see any programs marked as repeat, even those I know are reruns.

And just for my own personal knowledge; other than the title and a brief description how do other things like original air date, year of production and repeat change you viewing habits?

And just for my own personal knowledge; other than the title and a brief description how do other things like original air date, year of production and repeat change you viewing habits?

I only care for recording purposes. When I record a show - I hit it twice to record the series. The problem I have is it records every show. I only want to record first runs of that show. Is there a way of setting this up?

Maybe D* needs to find a different provider for the guide info. Through experience, I have found that both Charter Cable and Dish provide better guide info than D* does.

I only care for recording purposes. When I record a show - I hit it twice to record the series. The problem I have is it records every show. I only want to record first runs of that show. Is there a way of setting this up?

Under setup you can change the default recording options to only record first run episodes. You can also change the default number of episodes to keep.

If that is the case, why are they both so drastically different?

There's a significant difference in the information in the guide data and the information displayed in the onscreen guide. The problem is not with the data not being in the download but with it not being shown onscreen. Ask DirecTV to show more of the guide data onscreen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)