If you don't like what VOOM provides, why are you still whinning about it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I should start posting all the problems I see with HDNET and INHD? Yesterday, HDNET was showing MLS (DC versus San Jose I think?) and the cameras were a mile away and the picture looked extremely soft. I flipped over to WorldSports a while later and the La Liga match looked much, much better. At the same time, HDNET Movies were playing an older 70s movies that was grainy, soft and generally on par with half of the material being shown on Cinema 10. I then flipped over to Cinema 1 and the PQ was excellent - great transfer.

I logged onto AVSFORUM later in the day and read that the MLS game was also on Comcast Sports Network and one of the FOX RSNs. Someone noted the HDNET broadcast was running seven (7) seconds behind Comcast. I guess they were buying someone elses HD garbage?

Anyway, while HDNET is the best HD channel, they are certainly far from perfect. In fact, I could probably spend half the day posting all the petty imperfections I see with their broadcasts. Ugh!!! I just realized am spending more time analyzing PQ than I am enjoying the HD that is currently available. I AM LITERALLY SEEING MOSQUITO NOISE, INFERIOR TRANSFERS AND SOFT PQ ON JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING THESE DAYS.

I decided that I am going to enjoy the show (VOOM, HDNET and INHD) and not read anymore PQ threads or posts. Apparently, I have been conditioned to overlook the beauty and see only the faults! :confused:

Riff...

Attachments

• MosquitoNoiseHD.gif
    MosquitoNoiseHD.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 113
I criticize the PQ since my very first post but I still think Voom is currently the best HD (and even SD) choice and that is why I'll stay with Voom until there is no better choice available. Solution for negative rumor about Voom is simple: They should (and they can) improve its service in some areas and negative threads will automatically go away.[/QUOTE said:
Well expressed and I feel about the same. You can still be a critic and give constructive critisim and still be a VOOM supporter. Some say opena special thread for problems. One thread. Does that mean negative comments about programming (which I have none) should all be lumped in with comments about PQ, service or other issues. So that all the rest of the threads or pure VOOM Arian.

Mr. Biggles said:
Well duh! It's called advertising. Say after me a-d-v-e-r-t-i-s-i-n-g.

DUH!!!
I have been in advertising and marketing for 30 years running my own advertising agency. You are implying that advertising is expected to lie or stretch the truth. Far from it. A product or comany that indulge in such practices don't last. I am not saying that VOOM is doing that, but they can be more forthcoming about plans they already publicly announced like WM9 MPEG4, DVR, Dish upgrade. They made the announcements. If they have a delay or need more time than make a new annoucement. In other words, keep honest by keeping everyone informed.

Thank you all for your comments. As I said before we not trying to censor anyone but to organize the forum better. Negative/Positive comments can be posted in their appropiate threads. Please do not post all over the place the same things unless the it is relevant to the discussion at hand.

You all have been great and I do believe that we need to present the product (VOOM) as it is with its goods and its bad. There's no other way to make VOOM improve. Contrary to believe, I am not a VOOM advocate but an HDTV advocate. If tomorrow, D* or E* decides to put up the most HDTV out there, I will immediately go with them. That's my loyalty. I pay out of my pocket and I like everyone else here need to get the best for the buck.

With all these said, I am closing the thread. Let's keep our posts organized and where they belong. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

P.S. Yes, I had a terrible week but I am still standing...

Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts