I'm done with it! Service Sucks.

Skee7ix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
I really think you shold upgarde the service by mail.

For me I don't know if I have bad luck or what, but it sucked.

Look. Last time I returned the movie on the 9th, and never get confirmation of BB receiving it.
Then I did the option to Report a Problem last Tuesday, the 15th and they sent me an email that they will sent the next disc in my queue as soon as posibble... and no one was sent. Today I get an email that they finally received the disc that I sent back on the 9th, and just after that they sent the "next disc in my queue"... but it was like the number 9 I had in my queue. Not even the first, nor the second, but the 9th title that I had on the queue.:mad: I don't even want tha movie anymore... but haven't deleted yet form the queue because it was too low on my list that I didn't think they will send me that one.

I really wanted to cancel the service since the first day when the store close to me closed after getting BBMP, but I cannot cause I have to pay the $5 cancellation fee... fro something that isn't even working as it is supposed to....

Well only a portion of the BBMP is not working. You are still getting the extra channels that come with that package whether you watch them or not. If you're not happy, drop it. Seems pretty simple to me. If you don't feel you should have to pay the $5 fee then talk to a DIRT member to see if they can help. Maybe they can bypass the fee because the service didn't work for you. You act as if you are stuck with this the rest of your life.

Actually 2 portions of it is not working.
I have the 922 and not even the streaming is working.
I told them already if I can cancel without the $5 fee and they said nothing.
But today the month ended, so... ;)

Well only a portion of the BBMP is not working. You are still getting the extra channels that come with that package whether you watch them or not. If you're not happy, drop it. Seems pretty simple to me. If you don't feel you should have to pay the $5 fee then talk to a DIRT member to see if they can help. Maybe they can bypass the fee because the service didn't work for you. You act as if you are stuck with this the rest of your life.

I have the 922 also but I don't really need the streaming at the moment. We should have it on the reciever soon enough. I just like being able to get Blu-Rays and video games in the mail along with extra channels all for $10. No brainer for me.

Worth the $10 bucks, but I admit I have had no problems at all in discs by mail. Very efficient. Have gotten both Blu ray and games, all come and go with ease by mail. That along with the channels in the package alone is enough for me. When streaming is made more efficient that will be a bonus. Maybe if I always had problems I wouldn't want it, but as it stands it seems to be a very good value.

I had one issue with a game I sent back and I had not received my new game after a week. I checked my queue and they still had not received the game. All I had to do was click on the report problem link and I was able to select that they did not recveive it. They shipped my next game out right away.

I can understand some people's frustrations and complaints, but the way I see it is, this whole BBMP thing is a 100% freebie for me as I was already paying $10 a month for HD Platinum and had been for years. I still get the same channels so all the BB stuff is just gravy.

Tried it for 30 days then dropped it. I really subscribed more for the movies-on-demand feature than for DVD rentals. The user-interface on my 722k to find movies to watch was slow and clunky and the selection of movies didn't interest me. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't work out for me.

Going in to cancel Blockbuster Movie Pass as soon as I finish posting this.

A couple of weeks ago I called and emailed Blockbuster to complain that they kept mailing me titles that were removed from my queue when I checked them out at a Blockbuster store, instead of sending titles that were still in my queue.

I only watch new releases and this week, after not getting any DVD's the previous week (had a couple of titles in the queue that were on 'very long wait') I figured I'd get one of the new releases that were being released on Tuesday (11/29). When I checked my queue on Tuesday night, the two new releases joined the 'very long wait' club in my queue. I email Blockbuster and asked why and they said that I didn't have enough titles in my queue, that's why I didn't get a title this week.

Didn't take long for the Blockbuster team to become Dish employee's (sorry about that to those few good Dish agents). Now off to cancel Blockbuster Movie pass and reactivate my Netflix account.

I truly don't understand all the issues people are having with not enough titles in their queue. I have 49 titles...plus 10 more yet to be released (could easily add many more if I wanted to sit down and take time to do so, but those will do for quite a while). Of those 49 titles, 3 are "Very Long Wait" and 2 are "Short Wait", with 3 of those 5 "wait" titles showing available at my local store. So literally I could watch any of 47 of the 49 titles this week. I'd say if you don't have somewhere around 50 titles in the queue, get cracking on adding some more. If you only want to watch 10 or 20 movies total and no others, a subscription service isn't for you anyway...go to Redbox or a local store.

I am on the three out at a time plan. My first two months on this program I have had 27 movies according to my account history. I could easily have had 6 discs every week and had nearly double that but we've had some busy weekends and haven't had the time to watch a lot of movies lately. This number obviously doesn't count the movies I've watched streaming (which has worked flawlessly for me) or the movies I've watched or recorded to watch later from my movie channels included in my subscription.

I know some people are very disappointed in the service. I'm not saying it couldn't improve because certainly it can. Nevertheless, I feel it is important to give a fair and balanced view of the service for those who may be considering it. For some of us it does work darn near perfectly and is a great value.

I think it's improtant to keep in mind that no one offers anything else like Dish. No company is giving you this much for $10/mo. Extra Channels, Movies and Video Games=Awesome.

I had BBMP only for the DVD's. My wife and I are only interested in new releases so we didn't have any old titles in our queue. When a movie was released in theaters, we added it to our queue. After Dish bought Blockbuster and got the service back to what it was like before they went into bankruptcy and before Dish offered BBMP, we signed up for 'Blockbuster by Mail'. Paid for the two at a time plan and always received in the mail, new releases on the same day they were released in stores. Once in awhile when there was a week with more then two new releases, a title went on wait, but it usually wasn't for more then a few days. Service was so good that we rarely did in-store exchanges.

When Dish started their BBMP deal, I, like most Dish customers jumped on it to save money. We can honestly say we never watched the extra HD channels and never used the streaming (interface sucks) video, only got it for the mail DVD service. The first few weeks weren't that bad but as more and more Dish customers signed up, service got worst. I was lucky to get a title sent to me every week, and if it wasn't for the in-store exchange, I would have dumped them a long time ago. The first straw that broke the camels back was when I did an in-store exchange for a movie that was in my queue. I had my queue setup so the system would automatically remove any title I checked out at a store. A few days after I returned the in-store title, I got a email notification that they mailed me the next available release in my queue and it was the same title I returned to the store three days earlier.

This week I had an empty 'At Home' queue (been empty for a week), one release that was on long wait, two releases that were scheduled to release on Tuesday, and another 35 titles waiting for their release date. Tuesday night I checked my account and still had an empty 'At Home' queue, and now three titles were on long or very long wait. I attempted multiple times to contact Blockbuster to find out why I wasn't sent one of the new releases but they never got back to me in that 24 hour window they talk about. Wednesday morning I tried contacting them again about the problem and said in my communication that if I didn't hear back by 5pm (local time) that day, I would cancel my account. At 6pm my account was cancelled and all titles were removed from my queue and added to my new Netflix account.

Yesterday around noon I finally got an email from someone at Blockbuster and they said in the email that the reason I wasn't sent a title was that I didn't have any titles on my queue. Then, 2 hours later I got an email notification that they mailed me the oldest title that was in my queue. Great service.

Short of getting free service, they have a long way to go before they will get me back as a customer.

Hemway, in reading the above I'd say since you never used the streaming or watched the former Platinum channels included with BBMP at all, and rarely took advantage of in-store exchange, then you definitely should change plans as you are likely going to get more value from another option.

I'd suggest Netflix (which you said you did) where you will pay less for two out at a time ($11.99 vs. $15.00) although you lose Bluray unless you pay the upcharge, and also lose the ability to do in-store exchanges which has the potential to give a lot of additional value as you can get extra rentals on the weekends when the mail isn't running at all. Netflix ships so dependably you can set your watch to it...they have darn near perfected DVD shipping for sure.

Another strong option for you for the same price you are paying (if you live near a BB store, which it sounds like you did) is an unlimited in-store membership where you can go in and get those new releases the day they are in your local store. You can exchange as many times as you wish (one at a time) for that same subscription fee you were paying for the by-mail plan. People in your situation who only watch new releases would likely get a lot more value from that type of plan (again assuming they won't stream, or watch any of the 22 channels that also come with the BBMP, at all).

Just a few options there for others who may be reading this who are in your shoes. ;)

You're right Coach, right now Netflix is a better fit for me. When Netflix first started up we switched from Blockbuster store customers to Netflix mail customers and were very happy with their service. The original store we were customers at was closed when they down sized and the next closest store isn't that convenient but is at least on the way home from work so I'm not too sure aout the in-store unlimited option.

When Netflix started their 28 day wait for some new releases, we tried the Blockbuster mail service for free for a month compare service and they were equal so we switched. Stayed with them until they went into bankruptcy and the service got real bad.

If and when Dish and Blockbuster get their act together and upgrade their streaming systems so you can use your PC to interface with the system and send videos to you DVR and their mail operations so they can deliver titles in a timely manner, they could end up blowing the doors off of Netflix. With that said, as a long time Dish customer, I've seen Dish do some real stupid stuff and make promises that they either never deliver on or it takes them so long to deliver on that the rest of the industry passes them by (hint, hint whole-house system). Time will tell.

Tried it for 30 days then dropped it. I really subscribed more for the movies-on-demand feature than for DVD rentals. The user-interface on my 722k to find movies to watch was slow and clunky and the selection of movies didn't interest me. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it just didn't work out for me.

I felt the same way. Had the fee been $5 I might have kept it. But we never watched the 20 odd channels that were supposed to be such a great deal and downloading (not streaming as they advertise) the movies was laborious, tedious, and just made me wanna cus. And that all so great 100,000 movie selection? Well unless you wanted to wait two months for a movie to become available on disk and deal with the horrible lag time through the good ole USPS...well as I said had it been $5...

You work for Dish?

I am a Dish retailer and a customer. I pay for their service just like everyone else on here. I still feel it's a great deal. I do not compare it to Netflix though, at least not yet. I may actually add the Netflix streaming capabilties just because I have so many devices that can stream it. I don't think you can deny the fact that everything Dish is giving you for $10 is bad. It may not be what everyone wants but for those who do want it, it's a great deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)