I'm Leaving

glen242

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Why is it necessary for people that are leaving E to get on the forum and announce it? E will know soon enough. Is it because they want to seem superior to the rest of us in that they are leaving for greener pastures while the rest of us idiots are staying?

You want to leave, leave! Does it really matter to the rest of us that you are leaving for what ever reason? Not to me.

Been said before - don't let the door hit you in the butt.

Why is it necessary for people that are leaving E to get on the forum and announce it? E will know soon enough. Is it because they want to seem superior to the rest of us in that they are leaving for greener pastures while the rest of us idiots are staying?

You want to leave, leave! Does it really matter to the rest of us that you are leaving for what ever reason? Not to me.

Well said!

I recently left Dish and was proud to announce it on this site. I also enjoy reading about others leaving Dish.

You seem to be more upset about the fact that Dish is really starting to suck and don't like a daily reminder by those posting about leaving. Yes buddy, it really is that bad. You have your own choice, and you have yet to leave, but the fact that it bothers you so much kinda says maybe you wish you had the means to leave too. But you probably have a commitment or some money invested in an external drive you bought specifically to use with your 622. You may be a decade long subscriber still holding up hope. Whatever your reason for not leaving, a part of you wishes you did.

Don't bitch about those bitching about dish. I got Dish as a secondary service to my cable company when cable couldn't fill my appetite for HD. There was a time when I was really happy with Dish (still love their DVR). I was just as critical of my cable company at the time, as I am of Dish now. We all know Dish has gone way downhill. DirecTV has blown past them and many cable companies have caught up and will pass them soon in desirable channels.

I'd give Dish another look in a few years, but you can bet they'll never get me in an 18 or 24 month commitment. I am so glad when I signed up with them 10 months ago I paid the extra and avoided their contract. That made leaving easy.

Now I am praising my cable company but will call them out if they sour on me again. I give praise when praise is due and I am just as vocal when a company goes south.

I hope for the sake of all Dish subscribers that Dish gets their act together soon. I don't blame others for leaving and I'd like to hear their reasons. It may be lack of HD, lack of locals, lack of premium multichannels. It may be that they loved Voom and are not happy with Voom since it really sh*t the bed in November 07 and thereafter.

Let people tell their tale. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I recently left Dish and was proud to announce it on this site. I also enjoy reading about others leaving Dish.

You seem to be more upset about the fact that Dish is really starting to suck and don't like a daily reminder by those posting about leaving. Yes buddy, it really is that bad. You have your own choice, and you have yet to leave, but the fact that it bothers you so much kinda says maybe you wish you had the means to leave too. But you probably have a commitment or some money invested in an external drive you bought specifically to use with your 622. You may be a decade long subscriber still holding up hope. Whatever your reason for not leaving, a part of you wishes you did.

Don't bitch about those bitching about dish. I got Dish as a secondary service to my cable company when cable couldn't fill my appetite for HD. There was a time when I was really happy with Dish (still love their DVR). I was just as critical of my cable company at the time, as I am of Dish now. We all know Dish has gone way downhill. DirecTV has blown past them and many cable companies have caught up and will pass them soon in desirable channels.

I'd give Dish another look in a few years, but you can bet they'll never get me in an 18 or 24 month commitment. I am so glad when I signed up with them 10 months ago I paid the extra and avoided their contract. That made leaving easy.

Now I am praising my cable company but will call them out if they sour on me again. I give praise when praise is due and I am just as vocal when a company goes south.

I hope for the sake of all Dish subscribers that Dish gets their act together soon. I don't blame others for leaving and I'd like to hear their reasons. It may be lack of HD, lack of locals, lack of premium multichannels. It may be that they loved Voom and are not happy with Voom since it really sh*t the bed in November 07 and thereafter.

Let people tell their tale. If you don't like it, don't read it.

:river

Some people need that validation, that yes, maybe they are doing the right thing by leaving. "I read about that other guy that's leaving too, so I guess it's ok for me."
These people usually can't make up their own minds (see those that keep threatening to leave), so it helps when they read about another unhappy customer.
Then they leave their own little message for others, to say "Hey, look at me! I was brave and cancelled my service, you can join me and do it, too!" Please join me......please....
And then there are those that just won't shut up about it, and feel it is necessary to keep explaining why they did it, because they have that nagging voice in the back of their head. "Did I do the right thing?"

Oy vey...

Some people need reassurances from others. Maybe Dr. Phil can do an episode on why people feel they need to announce their intent to cancel satellite on a public forum.

dr_phil.jpg

"You're an attention-whore, that's why!"

Some people need that validation, that yes, maybe they are doing the right thing by leaving. "I read about that other guy that's leaving too, so I guess it's ok for me."
These people usually can't make up their own minds (see those that keep threatening to leave), so it helps when they read about another unhappy customer.
Then they leave their own little message for others, to say "Hey, look at me! I was brave and cancelled my service, you can join me and do it, too!" Please join me......please....
And then there are those that just won't shut up about it, and feel it is necessary to keep explaining why they did it, because they have that nagging voice in the back of their head. "Did I do the right thing?"

Oy vey...

Earth to pretty little animated icon person- This is a satellite dish message board website. Of course you are going to see the gamut from love of Dish to hating it. You are going to see goofy stuff, stupid stuff, and very technical and educational stuff. You'll get tips on your equipment, hear about channels you didn't know were any good, and you'll hear people bitch. Your analysis of why people post that they are leaving is way off the mark. Quitting Dish is not important like leaving your wife or getting an abortion. It is a TV service. It is not a big deal. I highly doubt these people need reassurance about their decision. "Hey look at me, I am leaving, you should quit too." Yeah, that is why I posted that I was leaving. Get real! Most of these guys and gals on here are not that pathetic. This is not an "I was molested as a child" or "my father committed suicide when I was 9" website. We are here discussing television and the applicable technologies..
geeeze..

Earth to pretty little animated icon person- This is a satellite dish message board website. Of course you are going to see the gamut from love of Dish to hating it. You are going to see goofy stuff, stupid stuff, and very technical and educational stuff. You'll get tips on your equipment, hear about channels you didn't know were any good, and you'll hear people bitch. Your analysis of why people post that they are leaving is way off the mark. Quitting Dish is not important like leaving your wife or getting an abortion. It is a TV service. It is not a big deal. I highly doubt these people need reassurance about their decision. "Hey look at me, I am leaving, you should quit too." Yeah, that is why I posted that I was leaving. Get real! Most of these guys and gals on here are not that pathetic. This is not an "I was molested as a child" or "my father committed suicide when I was 9" website. We are here discussing television and the applicable technologies..
geeeze..

LOL, I am starting to thing the :river icon might just be correct!

I have used both E* and D* (and cable but no HD here from them) and I just straight up like E* equipment better. I love the 722. Love being able to watch recorded shows from the living room while going to sleep in my bedroom. Sure D* and other cable companies have more HD (for NOW!), but E* will soon catch up... As for programming, we'll be even, but on the eq side, we'll have the upper hand... :D

Back to the original topic, tho... skottey, you are coming into a E* thread, bud. When you start pushing, the subs are gonna push ya right back. People don't like to think they are getting ripped off, so don't preach to them and tell them (myself included) they are... Personally, ya I agree with glens original post.

As for all the replies, keep the flames coming man, this is making a great thread. lol

If and when I decide to leave E* I will definitely announce it here. I owe it to those of you who hang on my every word to explain in minute detail the technical logic behind my decision.

Possible reasons:
- "DRM" was implemented
- DVR functions were turned off due to Tivo lawsuit
- It's 2010, SciFi and USA are still not available in HD
- Ron Paul wins the presidency, appoints me to a cabinet position because of my enthusiasm in "THE PIT", I don't have time to watch TV anymore working for the American People.

Is it still ok if we bitch about Dish as long as we don't announce when we leave?

A majority of these threads involve well-earned complaints about Dish -- the same could be said about Direct TV...

Personally, if someone has become so frustrated that they decide to leave, I don't mind hearing about it. It doesn't make me feel inferior...

Sometimes, people post when they return and explain why. I find this all to be good information.

Last I checked it's a free forum. People are free to voice their discontent with whatever service they are leaving. We have a saying in the geocaching realm. "If you don't like it don't hunt it." In your case the same applies. If you don't want to read emm, don't open emm. (topics)

If and when I decide to leave E* I will definitely announce it here. I owe it to those of you who hang on my every word to explain in minute detail the technical logic behind my decision.

Possible reasons:
- "DRM" was implemented
- Ron Paul wins the presidency, appoints me to a cabinet position because of my enthusiasm in "THE PIT", I don't have time to watch TV anymore working for the American People.
thanks for the update Pep.:D

These people usually can't make up their own minds (see those that keep threatening to leave)...
It would be better for them if they posted their "I'm leaving Dish" thread in the DirecTV forum though. They'll get 100%, undivided support and assurances that they're "doing the right thing".

Possible reasons:
- "DRM" was implemented

I don't think that DRM has anything to do with E* it is the movie folks that want DRM and D* will have to have as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)