I'm Leaving

If your account was activated viua retailer, boxes wont come. You need to call the retailer for the famous 3rd party agreement. If you did not go trough a retailer(most customers dont even know what a retailer is) Call them and demand boxes.

If your account was activated viua retailer, boxes wont come. You need to call the retailer for the famous 3rd party agreement. If you did not go trough a retailer(most customers dont even know what a retailer is) Call them and demand boxes.

I believe you are incorrect on that account.
Sure there may be a 3rd party agreement, but one has nothing to do with the other. If a customer wants to cancel their account, then they cancel it through Dish, not through the retailer. If the retailer has a 3rd party agreement (and the 12, 18, or now 24 months) hasn't elapsed yet, then it is up to the retailer to collect. Not to send a box, not to recover the receiver, not to cancel the account with the customer...

I'm leaving for D* , got in on the AAA D* deal !!!
$10 off for 24 months, additional
$20 off national D* promo for 12 months, additional
$10 off for 5 months D* referral....
=$40 off for 5 months
=$30 off for next 7 months
=$10 off for last 12 months of contract
+free year of showtime(3 more HD channels)
=35 channels of HD on D*($10) vs 16 on E*($10)
Way more channels for less both HD and SD... No I don't do DVR and yes I've had D* before..
but way too sweet of a deal to pass on... E* is OK, D* is OK too
but now D* is way cheaper for me....

Given the fact that it is well known that Dish actively reads these forums ... I think it is excellent that people who are leaving post here, and let them know why ... the more people that post .. the better the chance that someone will finally realize that is it time to get their fingers out and do something about it.

You reading this Dish ?

Is it time yet ?

;)

The only tears I have shed are tears of joy after leaving Dish and upping my cable package. Better service, lower price.

I am happy for you ... my cable company has 9 HD channels, no sports packages, a sub par receiver, and for us in the Midwest .. no Big Ten Network. They are also higher cost than my current Dish bill.

I know within 6 months we will have the equivalent of Direct with a beter receiver.

Given the fact that it is well known that Dish actively reads these forums ... I think it is excellent that people who are leaving post here, and let them know why ... the more people that post .. the better the chance that someone will finally realize that is it time to get their fingers out and do something about it.

You reading this Dish ?

Is it time yet ?

;)

Good point; however, I think it's important that people who want the additional HD channels now make the switch for THEMSELVES. I'm sure Dish will get the picture before too long (by then it may be too late) but whether they do or not isn't important. Switch to D* because you'll get your stations and feel better about YOURSELF.