I'm out of it indefinetly

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dee,

Your family should ALWAYS come first. You are a part of the Sat Guys family, but that comes after many more important things. Thanks for keeping us posted. I know that many prayers and kind thoughts are directed your way. I will add mine to the list. I don't know how religious you are, but remember, GOD is with you at all times and will guide you down the path that HE has chosen for you. You will be missed in the forums here, but that is nothing compared to a life changing event like you are currently going through. May GOD bless you and your family and provide you the courage to face anything that may come up.

Very Sorry to hear Dee Ann:(

Dee Ann,

I know thru you and your posts that your Mom was very good people. Your parents raised a very good and interesting person, You. And I thank her for that.

May God bless.

Jim Sofonia
Traverse City, Michigan

Dee Ann,

My condolences to you & your Dad. I'm praying for the both of you.

Your Dad needs a bud right now. Stay close.

Thank you guys, each and every one of you. Thank you most sincerely..

Earlier today when I went to the ER, we were still unsure how this was going to turn out.
I was trying to be optimistic and was hoping that she would recover.

My dad had just left Tulsa, OK from a business trip. He was 30 minutes out of town and headed this way but still a good 14 hour drive at least.

I talked to one of the nurses there and and I asked her what she thought, would my mom pull through. I wanted to believe she would.
But she told me that because of the length of time that her heart was stopped and there was no blood & oxygen flow to her brain, she feared serious brain damage. So she asked where my dad was, I told her and she said "You may want to call him and have him jump on a plane, right now. I'm serious..

So I did that. Dad diverted to DFW airport and hopped a plane to Houston then to Beaumont, I drove over and picked him up.

While we were there sitting with mom the nurse came in and adjusted her IV stuff. Mom started degrading a few minutes later but she was still with us.
But she was essentially very near brain dead. The nurse said she would call us if her condition changed but she felt that she would still be here tomorrow. So Dad and I debated leaving for the night, then talked about getting a burger and soda because neither of us had eaten anything today. We were almost about to leave when the nurse came back and told us the neuro-dude whatever you call him, was coming by soon so we said we would wait.

So we sat and reminisced about the good memories of mom while we waited. Then the neuro-dude doc came in and told us that he had done an EEG (I think that's what it was) and that he didn't see any brain function. He said that her brain stem was functioning just enough to barely keep her going but the rest of her brain where all the thinking goes on, was flat lined. I sat there crushed and bawling. I begged the doctor to give me some ray of hope to hang on to but he just shook his head and said "I can only give her about a 3-5% chance of survival, and absolute best case, 10% but that's just not going to happen."

So I told him "You're telling me my mom is going to die tonight?" and he just shook his head and said "I'm sorry, there's nothing anyone can do."
And while he was speaking she started going downhill right then and there. Nurses came in and my dad told them that they have living wills and that he didn't want them to string her along on machines if there was no hope. So he signed a DNR form and the nurses backed off.

My dad and I sat by her side and held her hands and talked to her, told her we loved her and kissed her forehead and her hands as we cried. The machines kept setting off alarms as her BP and heart rate slipped away. A nurse came in and shut off the alarms so they were silent and we watched my mom pass away before our eyes.. By 7:10pm she had left this world and my dad and I cried and hugged her goodbye.

Dad was strong. I was not.. He wept but choked it back. I couldn't..

We waited in the room with Mom and I sat there and held her hand and told her I loved her 10000 times while we waited for them to have someone come pronounce her dead, they had to leave the machines and tubes and all that connected to her until then. What was most disturbing was the ventilator was still forcing her to breath 30 minutes after she was gone.

They finally shut everything down and removed all the tubes and stuff and gave Mom her dignity back one last time.
Dad finally lost it and he broke down. He told me "Let's go, I can't take seeing her like this."
So we went to the nurses station and Dad signed some stuff and we left.
He couldn't bear to see the funeral home people come take her away. I agreed with him, after having seen them do that when my friend passed away last year.
That body bag stuff is just too much to have to see, especially when it's a loved one.

So tomorrow we begin making funeral arrangements.
My mom had a LOT of friends, she was a big wig in her ladies social circles.

So my mom died because of a massive heart attack. We had no warning at all, no reason to suspect any problems at all with her, ever.
She had 100% blockage on a major artery and it was devastatingly fatal..

The number one killer of women in America is heart attacks. I'm serious. Google it.
Men, sons, get your wives and moms to have a check up and specifically check their heart and of course a mammogram while they're at it.
Men usually have warnings that a heart attack is gonna happen. With women there is almost always no warning, they just happen right out of the blue like a bolt of lightning.

Please take care of the ones you love..

Thanks again guys for all your well wishes, thoughts and prayers.
Thank you so much...

:cry:

Thank You for sharing this Dee.

I am so sorry Dee Ann. I know what you are going though. I was with my Dad in 2008 when he passed away of a massive heart attack-- he passed before the EMS got to him. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Very sorry Dee, for you , and your father's loss. I believe , someday , you will see her again. God Bless you.

De Ann, my condolences to you and your dad. My prayers are with you in these difficult times. I know this doesn't make it any easier but at least she didn't have a long illness period with severe suffering. I know it doesn't make a loved loss any easier. God bless and be safe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)