AMIKO Important A3 EPG Update

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Important Announcement from Amiko Americas:

We are finally moving to the expanded North American EPG system with many more channels. In order to do this everyone needs to be running ROM 2.0.72 or higher. The switchover is planned for Sunday, May 31, 2015.

If you do not update to ROM 2.0.72 by May 31 your EPG data will be messed up with data on the wrong channels and “ghost” EPG channels.

North American EPG is also being made available to pre-2/26/2015 North American A3’s at the same time. Pre-2/26 units have special instructions to enable EPG at the bottom of this post.

NA EPG only works on Amiko Americas A3’s in USA and Canada. It will not work on any other STB or device.

NA A3’s Purchased 2/26 or Later
All Amiko Americas A3’s purchased from USA dealers 2/26 or later already have NA EPG installed. If you have an auto update option set up there is nothing that needs to be done on May 31 other than updating the ROM. New channels will automatically appear on your next data fetch on or after the 31st. You can also force an update on that evening using the instructions in the EPG configuration guide here:
http://www.amiko-a3.us/guides/EPG Initial Setup-NEW A3.pdf

NA A3’s Purchased before 2/26/2015
You will need to download a file using the Amiko Software Downloader App on your A3 then manually set everything up in order to receive NA EPG services. Instructions are here: http://www.amiko-a3.us/wp-content/u...le-EPG-on-Pre-2-26-2015-Amiko-Americas-A3.pdf
http://www.amiko-a3.us/wp-content/u...le-EPG-on-Pre-2-26-2015-Amiko-Americas-A3.pdf

Notes on the Expanded Service
When the new service launches on 31 May it will start with an older test file and a list of EPG enabled channels will be posted. A few of these will need updates on our end to work. A thread will be posted at FridgeFTA Forums for reporting your results. Once we are happy with the initial channels the system will be expanded and will eventually include most USA major channels. Requests will NOT be taken and are not needed since we will add everything we can to the system.

Reactions: . Raine
I have the Jenny Red, only have EPG data for RT and KTV1 on 97w. Did the force update in the cross-epg app but nothing changes.
Several channels had EPG data before the 31st, including RT on 99w. now it's "no data".

Try going to the CrossEpg App and hitting the green button for Download List and then right after you hit back, then do the force update. Should be sixty some channels.

I get 63 channels that appear to have EPG programming, but no actual programming data.

Does CrossEPG have to be running in order for the data to be transferred to the channel page EPG listings? When I look for apps still running (to shuo off apps not needed display), CrossEPG is not actually running in the background. Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere?

I get 63 channels that appear to have EPG programming, but no actual programming data.

Does CrossEPG have to be running in order for the data to be transferred to the channel page EPG listings? When I look for apps still running (to shuo off apps not needed display), CrossEPG is not actually running in the background. Maybe I am missing a setting somewhere?

CrossEPG updates by downloading a file. You need to set up a timer to download either on an interval (such as daily), or whenever the box goes to standby. The instructions are on the Amiko A3 website under "EPG for receivers sold after 2/26".

If you are still having issues, your best bet is to head over to FridgeFTA website and post your question there. This way Joe and directly help you get your issue resolved.

CrossEPG updates by downloading a file. You need to set up a timer to download either on an interval (such as daily), or whenever the box goes to standby. The instructions are on the Amiko A3 website under "EPG for receivers sold after 2/26".

The new base EPG data file for the following two weeks (only 1 week of data shows, but the following week is there) comes down on Sunday nights. So, if you set it up to download late Sunday night, you should always pick up the new data.

I read this at the Fridge yesterday.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)