Edision Channel Selection List / EPG

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
See attached image. I have EPG info from a different satellite appearing beside channels. How can I remove these? It must be a setting I have wrong.
20201105_101928~2.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: c-spand
I noticed this early last year already, and turned OFF all satellite EPG data so 30w won't bleed over. To do this: "ENABLE EIT EPG" Should be changed to OFF. Also "Show EIT now/next in infobar" should be OFF. I turned these off, deleted the EPG.dat file, then rebooted, and now the spurious epg is missing.

Turning it OFF, doesn't affect EPG of OTA channels, that still populates just fine.

In TNAP 3.2, I found "Include EIT in http streams" at Setup > System > Customize.

When I disabled and rebooted, this removed EPG data from the Channel Selection list (see image below). So this is a good improvement. But EPG info remains in lower left of screen.

Anybody know where epg.dat is so I can delete? I'm searching now using telnet to the Edision.
20201106_091114~2.jpeg

In TNAP 3.2, I found "Include EIT in http streams" at Setup > System > Customize.

When I disabled and rebooted, this removed EPG data from the Channel Selection list (see image below). So this is a good improvement. But EPG info remains in lower left of screen.

Anybody know where epg.dat is so I can delete? I'm searching now using telnet to the Edision.View attachment 148646

My epg.dat was on the root of my external drive I use for recordings.

Sorry, it was here: /media/usb/epg.dat

You can bring up the WebIF screen, and in the lower left, goto: SETTINGS, then click on EPG SETTINGS, and look where it says it is on the right side. "Location epg cache file"

Webif points to /hdd/epg.dat. It seems /hdd has been replaced by /media/usb. But epg.dat is not there. Maybe this is good that I have no epg.dat.

In Webif, I did find the two parameters you mentioned: Enable EIT EPG and Show EIT now/next infobar. I unchecked both and rebooted. No change.

At least the channel area is cleaned up so I will leave it like this.

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts