Important News - Press Info!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
This is on the guide for most of the SA channels tonight.
As of 3/31, Sky Angel no longer provides service via satellite. To keep the most popular Sky Angel channels call DISH Network at 1-888-538-8469 today!

I hesitate to call in case it's actually a SA number and they try to sell me IPTV. Has anyone called yet?

Interestingly, the program guide for the SA channels continues past the 31st. I guess so we can see what we won't be watching.

I called it says "welcome to dish network". BUT personally I would call 1-888-825-2557
THAT is definitely a dish phone # with no kick back to sky angel

I wouldn't want sky angel to get any sort of $$ if I sign up for dish

Also I thought THE letter said 4/1 not 3/31?

Last edited:
I noticed the message and called the 888 number. The Dish Network customer service rep. on the other end had no idea what I was talking about. In fact, she had no idea what Sky Angel was. She did try to sell me the Dish 100 package.

I'm not sure what the purpose of calling the number was. The only thing that was accomplished was a realization that I'm not all that eager to remain a Dish Network customer.

It would be a good idea for Dish to try and get Sky Angel customers, but if this is their best attempt they are not going to have much success.

I agree that Dish Network has been quite apathetic about trying to recruit Sky Angel Customers. I think so far that Sky Angel has been referring people to Dish that can't get IPTV, but Dish doesn't seem to be trying very hard to get these customers! My mother and next door neighbor have had multiple billing and customer service issues with Dish, so I am very reluctant to jump to Dish. Also, they aren't carrying our favorite channel, GTN, in our area.

I will still hang around and hopefully read about what everyone is doing. Maybe Dish will step up with an offer once Sky Angel officially ends. We can only hope!

Katybug

I just chatted with a Dish rep. He was kind of ambiguous about what was going on but I think I finally figured it out. If you go to the Dish web site (DISH Network -- Home) and look up the different programming packages, it shows that from the AT100 package on up they are adding Angel 2 (channel 266) and KTV (channel 264). Funny though, these channels weren't added to the Dish Family package. Perhaps they just haven't updated their web site yet. If you want to check out the different programming packages, go here: DISH Network -- Packages Overview

1/26/08 Note: Iceberg commented in another thread that these 2 channels will also be added to the Dish Family package.

Last edited:
I just chatted with a Dish rep. He was kind of ambiguous about what was going on but I think I finally figured it out. If you go to the Dish web site (DISH Network -- Home) and look up the different programming packages, it shows that from the AT100 package on up they are adding Angel 2 (channel 266) and KTV (channel 264). Funny though, these channels weren't added to the Dish Family package. Perhaps they just haven't updated their web site yet. If you want to check out the different programming packages, go here: DISH Network -- Packages Overview
Sure why put them in the Family Plan when they can add them to top 100 and get more $ for people to subscribe to higher package.

Just to mention it there IS another alternative if you need Dish for locals, namely the Dish Essentials Pak for $10 plus the $5 for locals. Better than paying the access fee. This should also allow access to the free channels from what I gather so far.

But Dish doesn't seem very eager to talk about that option either. I wonder why? :D

Took me half a dozen emails just to get a response about Essentials and even that only answered a question I hadn't asked, but did confirm that Essentials is still an option.

Personally I think that's the path I am going to take for now. Later I may just drop Dish entirely. We will see.

Personally am a bit annoyed by this "press info" message. They may be shutting us off but we deserved our GUIDE until the end, not this nonsense :(

They (SA) only have 2 transponders available so HD might work there but it would only be up to 3 channels per TP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts