Increase in price after the firs two year YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My electric bill went up from $160 per month to $260 per month in the summer and, we have NO CHOICE! Also, my grocery bill went up from $250 per month to $500 per month in the last year and there is very little choice. Dish has not went up that much!

Reactions: jannah
My electric bill went up from $160 per month to $260 per month in the summer and, we have NO CHOICE! Also, my grocery bill went up from $250 per month to $500 per month in the last year and there is very little choice. Dish has not went up that much!
Actually you do have a choice, during the summer you can change your Thermostat to a higher Temp, less lights, use TV Speakers instead of a Sound System to save on Electricity.

You can buy store brand instead of name brands (Aldi is good for that) to save on Groceries.

And you can change your package for Dish, or switch to something different.

If you want to keep paying whatever Dish demands, go right ahead. If you feel their product is worth the amount of money they charge, that's up to you. I'm not advocating for dropping Dish. Each customer has to make their own decision. It's just gotten too much for what we receive, so we're looking elsewhere. And, while it doesn't look like we'll save money, we'll gain more features. The best part... no contract.

Reactions: peggy97850
If you want to keep paying whatever Dish demands, go right ahead. If you feel their product is worth the amount of money they charge, that's up to you. I'm not advocating for dropping Dish. Each customer has to make their own decision. It's just gotten too much for what we receive, so we're looking elsewhere. And, while it doesn't look like we'll save money, we'll gain more features. The best part... no contract.
Feel free to find a cable/sat that does better (that isn't an intro deal).

Dish's Flex pack has provided a way to keep the bill down, and no one offers a plan like it.

Comcast and Charter is not it with their Broadcast Channels charge (roughly $25 extra a month) and the RSN charge ( roughly +$15), both you cannot get out of if you do not watch those channels.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Dish's Flex pack has provided a way to keep the bill down, and no one offers a plan like it.
Why? Streaming gets me everything I need. AND unlimited DVR (and yes, I confirmed I can skip commercials on recorded content). Plus I can have an unlimited number of people use the account (legitimately), each with their own preferences. When streaming increases in price, and yes, I agree it will, then we'll examine our options then.

FWIW, I called to cancel today. I got the spiel from the CSR saying "let's see what kind of offers we can get you." Nope, you had your chance (I called on 12/23).
"Well, your contract expires in two days, we might be able to get something different from you in two days." Nope, you had your chance.
"I can get you $30 off for the next month to give you time to see our deals." Nope, you had your chance.
"OK, your service will be terminated in the next hour." Wait, you said our contract expires in two days. You can turn off the service in two days. (No, we're not going to watch, I'm just holding them to their deal).
"OK, it will be cut off the morning of the 28th."

The call took 11 minutes.

Why? Streaming gets me everything I need. AND unlimited DVR (and yes, I confirmed I can skip commercials on recorded content). Plus I can have an unlimited number of people use the account (legitimately), each with their own preferences. When streaming increases in price, and yes, I agree it will, then we'll examine our options then.
Great. Huzzah. You are getting less and paying less.

Great. Huzzah. You are getting less and paying less.
And if it's what *I* need, why does it matter? Actually, I think there is only one less channel than my current Dish package. So tell me again what I'm getting less of? I get more hard drive storage, and more viewing capabilities.

I had a similar situation to the O.P.. I called Dish and the only way to get the price back down about 1/2 way was to agree to another 2 year term.
hell atleast dish will budge on pricing and they know they have competition direct won't budge one pricing once the deals are over since the breakup

Reactions: charlesrshell
I wish I had faster internet where I live, I heard Dish has dropped their plans for home internet...

You want to see something scary?

I just ran a Quicken report and the results: I've paid Dish Network $37,500 over the 23 years I've been a customer. That's an average of $1,630 per year and an average of $136 per month.

I think maybe I deserve a free something. A coffee cup maybe? Or a hat? :biggrin
A P. T. Barnum coffee cup.