Indy HD locals tomorrow

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
I've been advised that HD locals finally come to Indy tomorrow on Dish Network. Unfortunately, I was also advised that only three of the four feeds will be offered as NBC is not part of the program. Assuming the information provided was not in error, once again, Dish manages to bungle things relative to its competition.

I've been advised that HD locals finally come to Indy tomorrow on Dish Network. Unfortunately, I was also advised that only three of the four feeds will be offered as NBC is not part of the program. Assuming the information provided was not in error, once again, Dish manages to bungle things relative to its competition.

Strange considering on 2/25 NBC was moved along with the others:

5180 - WRTV [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 05 Spotbeam 24 to EchoStar5 129W TP 05 ConUS beam (NA)(Indianapolis, IN-ABC)
5181 - WISH [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 05 Spotbeam 24 to EchoStar5 129W TP 05 ConUS beam (NA)(Indianapolis, IN-CBS)
5182 - WTHR [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 05 Spotbeam 24 to EchoStar5 129W TP 05 ConUS beam (NA)(Indianapolis, IN-NBC)
5183 - WXIN [MPEG4 HD] moved from Ciel-2 129W TP 05 Spotbeam 24 to EchoStar5 129W TP 05 ConUS beam (NA)(Indianapolis, IN-FOX)

It is, after all DISH we're talking about so it wouldn't surprise me, disappoint? yes, surprise? no.

KVAL (CBS Eugene, Or.) was moved to ciel 2 also but it won't appear when Eugene HD locals are added this month due to the dispute between Dish and Fisher.

Last edited:
Where are you getting your info?

Where are you getting your info?

I'd like to know where the info is coming from, as well. If it's from an installer, in my experience, they're not always the best source of up to date info. A few years ago, when I had an installer set me up with HD from Dish, he told me Indy HD locals were coming within a month. Well, three years later...

As someone pointed out, all four major network affiliates are uplinked, so I'd be surprised if Dish doesn't launch all four of them, sometime in March (as was said on the chat). Hopefully, "sometime in March" translates to today. :)

I'd like to know where the info is coming from, as well. If it's from an installer, in my experience, they're not always the best source of up to date info. A few years ago, when I had an installer set me up with HD from Dish, he told me Indy HD locals were coming within a month. Well, three years later...

As someone pointed out, all four major network affiliates are uplinked, so I'd be surprised if Dish doesn't launch all four of them, sometime in March (as was said on the chat). Hopefully, "sometime in March" translates to today. :)
Problem is, they currently reside on E5, which is inactive. They might get moved today, but I doubt they will switch on. There's been some conjecture that they may go EA or both. (which I doubt).

Have you guys in Indianapolis been getting your CW station in HD? After stumbling into this thread and sitting here kinda bored and half asleep this morning... I thought I'd give the Dish Local Channels qualifier a "for sale" address in Indy to see if it showed any HD channels, and it shows:

Network: INDIANAPOLIS CW - WTTV IN HD
Channel Name: WTTV
Channel Number: 5184
Category: LOCALS

is this new?

WTTV-HD has not been uplinked at all. Sure you weren't looking at DirecTv? There are no 51** channels on Dish.

They sure aren't listed as being available yet at E*'s web site like other new markets have been the day of being uplinked.
Which is why I tried to look it up... here is what I did..

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

Then looked up an address in Indy through an MLS page (ie house for sale)

tracked one down here

http://www.mibor.com/resources/search.asp

and it shows that channel on the bottom of the list.

local channels currently available in this package: Locals Package - $5.00 per month*

I have no vested in this one way or the other, was just curious.

Which is why I tried to look it up... here is what I did..

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

Then looked up an address in Indy through an MLS page (ie house for sale)

tracked one down here

http://www.mibor.com/resources/search.asp

and it shows that channel on the bottom of the list.

local channels currently available in this package: Locals Package - $5.00 per month*

I have no vested in this one way or the other, was just curious.
Those are all SD. The WTTV HD is a mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)