Initial 942 Questions

codee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Hey Guys, I have some initial questions that I can't seem to find a answer to as of yet, via the forums, the manual, or the menus on the system.

All of these pertain to recording on the 942.

1st - when I setup a timer to record a show for all new episodes, it seems to default to starting 1 min early, and ending 3 late. Is there a way to change those to default to 0? I cant seem to find out how to do that and its annoying when there are shows back to back.

2nd - I have it set to default (I think) to tuner 2 when there is only 1 thing to record at a particular time. But still, when I look at the DVR Schedule, everything shows up with a green tuner 1 pic next to it. Will it actually record on tuner 2 and its just showing it was setup from TV1 or is it actually going to record on Tuner 1? If so, am I able to swap between tuners on TV 1? This is what I used to do with the Comcast dual tuner - Lets say I'm watching a show on A&E and it goes to commercial. I would pause a&e and swap to the other tuner to watch the show on the other channel that I paused at that commercial. I FF past the commercials when I swap to the other tuner. I can't figure out how to swap tuners on TV 1 yet either.

Thanks for any help or ideas!

item 1 - There is currently no way to change the default time options but Dish is said to be working on a fix.

item 2 - sorry I do not really understand question. I use single user mode and can change sat tuners by a- using swap button or b- going to guide and selecting other program ( of course can not do either a or b with OTA). I can not comment on dual mode don't use it.

(1) Down a couple of times, 0, down, 0, back up to done, select. Opposing timers will each get 1+3 min extra unless you are viewing another program. If it conflicts, the extra times with be lost -- never to be seen again.
(2) Are you confusing tuners 1 and 2 with outputs 1 and 2? The remotes control outputs although it may be possible to specify tuners, too. Some say one output (not tuner?) is not DD.
I only have a 921 and never worry about which tuner is which -- it does it all.
-Ken

TVjapan

Right switch to connect three satellites

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)