Inside Scoop.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nice to hear an update!!

Menu features expected by the hobbyists are integrated and regular firmware updates will be available via manual or automatic satellite OTA-SSU and web delivered firmware files.
You've seen the furor over the last year or so on some existing products.
So, a long list of working features, will boost the wow-factor. :up

Our custom designed PCB with external 12vdc power provides 500mA current to control motors, switches and multiple LNBFs and is housed in the smallest case of any S2 receiver on the market (5"wide x 4" deep x 1" tall).
That'll find some resistance: external power supply.
But in the long run, good features, and good price will win us over.
Some of our long distance travelers may even find the 12v power attractive for use in their RV! - :up

The price will be aggressively competitive yet feature US based firmware development and a team of representatives providing excellent customer service and product support.
Price will get the attention.
Your history of good support will keep the customers.

He should come and blow his own horn more often, haha.
HotTV aint so hot, I've been watching it, and seeing the same tired episodes of the same old shows for 3 weeks now. Some of them I almost have memorized!

Im guessing there is still no news on this?
Well it looks like they are locked into a negotiation stalemate. Not looking good at the moment..... Hopefully we will be able to share some great news sooner that later.Any channel that is added to the GloryStar line-up is automatically programmed into the GEOSATpro DSR100/200 and DVR1100 receivers channel list if the automatic update feature is set to the default ON.

Our custom designed PCB with external 12vdc power provides 500mA current to control motors, switches and multiple LNBFs and is housed in the smallest case of any S2 receiver on the market :cool:

After I read this over again I think it refers to 12v output for powering external devices.
I wouldn't get all bunched up over the supply being in or out, just want it to work.

Yep, developing the microHD with external 12vdc power supply especially for rv1pop! ;) Sure hope that he appreciates the gesture and buys a ton of them for the "off the grid" retreat that he is building.....

Seriously, there are benefits to only having low DC voltage inside the cabinet. Loving the reduced heat in the compact case, improved noise threshold and sensitivity!

I will be watching this carefully. As I understand so far, we lost 5 to 7 satellite systems in the Monastery Fire. How many of these will be replaced is as yet unknown. Only one that I know of had insurance and it is almost too late to rebuild. Also, I do not know how many just lost a dish (more or fewer) and how many lost their homes.
I have not personally purchased one yet, but I was told there is a new model TV out now LED/LCD for under $140 that draws less then .9 Amps at 13.8 VDC! Holds to 10.9V. My current TV draws about 3 amps and fails at 11.97 V.
If the price is right... I will see how many I can fit into my budget. Thanks, Brian. I will be promoting this receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)