Instalation HH90

Status
Please reply by conversation.

us_eikie

Original poster
May 14, 2007
HI I was referred ot this forum bu gosatellite.com

I am (trying ) to point a 90cm fortec dish with a hh90 motor (viewset ultra receiver). According to the manual, i have to select the usals option in the receiver antena set up menu, but it doesnt tell me if I should point the dish to the closest satelite south in the "reference position" or let the receiver drive the motor (in which case it has a really odd angle). In addition, i have chosen 119 echostar as my closest south satellite, but do not know if this is the right choice. I did enter latitude(40.3) and longtitude (76.9) in the antenna set up menu. (the elevation is 38 dgrees)

Can you tell me how I can point this thing?

Thanks

Reactions: T95KPRO
Well let's see? If your longitude is 76.9w, then your true south satellite is AMC5 @ 79.0w, or you could use SBS6 @ 74.0w. You should point the motor to true south and not to your true south satellite. Then with your co-ordinance set-up in the Menu (which it looks like you have done), the receiver should drive the dish to your true south satellite.
I have to wonder why you would think that 119.0w is your true south satellite (appears your choice?), when you are located at 76.9w. You have me confused on that? Why did you pick 119.0w, is there programming there you're trying to get? You will need a DBS lnbf to get that satellite, and a ku lnbf to get most of the rest of the satellites. Which lnbf do you have? Good Luck on your install!

Al

Thank you, it looks like ive done everything right so far. I figured out that I had the wrong satelite. I have tried AMC like you suggested but can only get signal strentgh and no (0) q (uality?). I am trying to atch dutch television (bvn tv) and some latin channels (huge soccer fan) I have a ultrasat lnbf us-200L. I cnnot seem to get any picture. Suggestions?

I'm not familiar with that lnbf, maybe someone else knows about it? I don't know if it's a Circular lnbf or a Linear lnbf. And if it's a Linear lnbf, is it a Standard or Universal?
AMC5 is a fairly strong ku satellite, if the lnbf is a Linear lnbf, you should be able to get it to come in, and that's a start. I don't know about your receiver either, maybe someone else can help you with it. I watch English language channels, so I'm no help with BVN either. I'm thinking it used to be on T5/IA5/G25 (whatever?), but I don't know? I do know, you won't/shouldn't get BVN from DishNet from 119.0w with your Viewsat receiver. Maybe someone with your equipmqnt can help you? Good Luck!

Al

From the archives, I find the lnbf is a standard linear, with a LO freq of 10750 Mhz. So in your antenna settings page, set the LNB type to single, standard , 10750 .
1)With the motor at it's zero point, you should aim your dish motor assembly manually to what you think is true south.
2) We are going to try for AMC5, 11742 V 11110-3/4 , the first transponder. Those channels seem to always be present. Make sure this transponder is the default on your screen.
3) Using USALS, send the dish to the AMC5 position. The motor should move slightly. At this point , the receiver thinks it has the dish aimed correctly. YOUR job is to make minor east-west adjustments, and up down dish elevation adjustments, to optimize the quality signal. Tiny increments of movement are called for, followed by time for the receiver to adjust to the signal changes. Once you get any QUALITY at all, it becomes much easier to optimize the signal. Do not adjust the motor elevation adjustment, only the azimuth ( east-west) and the dish elevation are options here.
Good Luck, come back with any questions
:)
Brent

HI I was referred ot this forum bu gosatellite.com

I am (trying ) to point a 90cm fortec dish with a hh90 motor (viewset ultra receiver). According to the manual, i have to select the usals option in the receiver antena set up menu, but it doesnt tell me if I should point the dish to the closest satelite south in the "reference position" or let the receiver drive the motor (in which case it has a really odd angle). In addition, i have chosen 119 echostar as my closest south satellite, but do not know if this is the right choice. I did enter latitude(40.3) and longtitude (76.9) in the antenna set up menu. (the elevation is 38 dgrees)

Can you tell me how I can point this thing?

Thanks

Hi Guys! I use my Viewsat Ultra in USALS, and Stab HH90 motor. dishpointer give me Latitude:48.5 and Longitude:72.2. But on dishpointer they give me motor elevation 34.3. If i use the real info fabricant site and they give motor elevation 37.8. But for now i'm confused. Wich motor elevation is real for me? Also I used a Invacom Quad C-L LNBF. Also I need help for true south,wich sat I can Used to aim my antenna. I get some signal on 91W. But i need to have the good config for 97W. Thks for your help :)! In fact my situation is like Us_ekie

dishpointer give me Latitude:48.5 and Longitude:72.2. But on dishpointer they give me motor elevation 34.3. If i use the real info fabricant site and they give motor elevation 37.8. But for now i'm confused. Wich motor elevation is real for me?

34.32 is the end result DISH elevation, which is motor elevation minus dish declination offset angle.

I'd use modified motor angles (see also "modified declination angle" or "polar axis tilt") to set up your motor if I were you: for LAT 48.5 that would be motor elevation 40.85 (instead of 41.5; dishpointer mentions 'motor latitude' 48.5) and dish declination offset 6.53 (instead of 7.18).

With USALS you don't really need a due south/north satellite; you can use any satellite you wish. The procedure is frequently mentioned on the internet, even as a sticky on this FTA-discussion subforum!

greetz,
A33

Last edited:
34.32 is the end result DISH elevation, which is motor elevation minus dish declination offset angle.

I'd use modified motor angles (see also "modified declination angle" or "polar axis tilt") to set up your motor if I were you: for LAT 48.5 that would be motor elevation 40.85 (instead of 41.5; dishpointer mentions 'motor latitude' 48.5) and dish declination offset 6.53 (instead of 7.18).

With USALS you don't really need a due south/north satellite; you can use any satellite you wish. The procedure is frequently mentioned on the internet, even as a sticky on this FTA-discussion subforum!

greetz,
A33

A33, thanks for info, i will try it this week and give yous news. Now is much clear for me. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts