Install Advice

They'd just replace it with an HR22. I had complained about issues with the HR22 and they had offered to replace it with another HR22. At this point, since the two (directv and comcast) are the same price (for the next year), I don't think its worth paying anything for a receiver if I can get a free one from comcast.

I thought the roof was mine until the replaced it. I'm still not sure if I own it or not. But the land is definitely exclusive to me.

Reactions: c-spand
They'd just replace it with an HR22. I had complained about issues with the HR22 and they had offered to replace it with another HR22. At this point, since the two (directv and comcast) are the same price (for the next year), I don't think its worth paying anything for a receiver if I can get a free one from comcast.

I thought the roof was mine until the replaced it. I'm still not sure if I own it or not. But the land is definitely exclusive to me.
Nope, they are only using HR24s for replacements.

So the rep lied to me twice.
OK, I'll give them a call and try. As long as I dont have to pay anything and it wont sign me up for another 2yrs.

Reactions: c-spand
So the rep lied to me twice.
OK, I'll give them a call and try. As long as I dont have to pay anything and it wont sign me up for another 2yrs.
There would be no contract extension if they are replacing defective equipment. If you get a genie, that would be considered an equipment upgrade and therefore a contract extension.

There would be no contract extension if they are replacing defective equipment. If you get a genie, that would be considered an equipment upgrade and therefore a contract extension.
enricong, remember what Chip just said .... IF they do offer you a Genie (you'll be MUCH happier) it will put you in a new commitment ...

From reading the thread, it sounds like your planning to leave regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)