Install appointment today - Bombarded by automated calls and emails

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I have an install appointment scheduled for today. Since this morning, I have received 5 automated calls and 4 emails confirming the appointment and time. The automated calls keep repeating the same message over and over until I hang up, then 15 or 20 minutes later Dish calls back with the same message again.

I guess they want to make sure that someone is home... but this is getting a little annoying! :rolleyes:

I'm certain that's not normal. You should get notified the day before, the morning of telling you it's still on, and finally when the tech leaves their previous job (? I think). You're being contacted on mail, phone, etc because that's what you set up at Dish's website.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That does seem excessive for the amount of calls you should get. Like Hall said, you should get one the day before. Then if you had an a.m. appointment it should give you a call between 7:30 and 8:00 with about a 1 hour Estimated Window of Arrival (EWA). If the tech who has your appointment on his route has to extend an appointment that he is on or has something else happen that causes his Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) to fall outside of the EWA, then it will give you another call to update you with a new EWA. For people that have a p.m. appointment scheduled, the EWA calls go out starting at 10:15.

Unfortunately that's the way this works right now. Every time tech adds time to a previous job or job gets moved to another techs route system updates ETA and customer gets "new" notification status.
Please don't count it against technician and when you get a survey call, after job is finished, press "0" for 10 on statusing. Then, at the and leave a VM about how ridiculous current automated system is. It may help in the future.

For every 45 min added to a techs job, it generates another notification to the next customers. Most of us techs do not care for the automated system either and would rather call the cutomers ourselves.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Also anytime a route is changed it will send another notification as in I would like to go to job B before job A just because its easier to do in a straight line vs a backtrack circle or something. The automatic calls may be annoying but would you rather get the notifications or none at all and be surprised when the tech is knocking on the door??
I try to call a few when I think its needed over the auto calls but its rare anymore as long as I know they are going thru and the system will tell me if they were received or not. A Tech's survey or CSAT depend on a big question of whether or not you got notified ahead of the visit and since you did be sure to press 0 to give a 10 on that and other questions, if you are unhappy about something just give 10's or press 0 anyway and then make another call later to dish for maybe a discount or something to avoid trashing the tech and his pay that this survey depends on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts