install help needed from vip to hopper 3 using dpp44

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
View attachment 129709 You can put the power inserter after the hub also, but it has to be on the host line - the line to the Hopper plus you'll need (i'm sure) to replace your LNBF with a DPP500+ w/DP Dual for the 129

500pluslnb.png
No need to replace any LNB as the OP already is getting the four needed satellites so all that is needed is to connect the DPH 42.

Reactions: pattykay
I have a philosophy: the fewer elements in a configuration that works is better than adding superfluous equipment that adds nothing to the succesfull end. The more that is there the more that can fail.
I would tend to agree, but I change my configuration often enough that I have learned from experience to consider possible future needs / wants, instead of always removing elements that I do not need right away. The more times I unhook cables and remove extra equipment, the greater the odds that I might break something or misplace something that I might need later. So, my philosophy is that if it isn't harming anything, leave it hooked up. YMMV, of course.

No need to replace any LNB as the OP already is getting the four needed satellites so all that is needed is to connect the DPH 42.
I don't believe the old style 500 is compatible with a 42 switch. I might be wrong, I'm just not sure

But the OP has a 1000+ dish. He doesn't have a 500 at all...
Technically, the 500+ and the 1000+ are the exact same dish, except the 1000+ has the added LNB for 129. In any event, there should be no need to replace any of the LNB's, since they are currently still working with the DPP44.

I should have said I was talking about replacing the 44 switch with a 42 switch
I think my advice is correct either way. Anyway, the easiest thing for the OP to do would be to try it with the existing LNB's first. If it works, great! Otherwise, the LNB's may need to be replaced. If the OP tries this and posts back here, he can tell us which one is right.

Reactions: littlecloud319
I think my advice is correct either way. Anyway, the easiest thing for the OP to do would be to try it with the existing LNB's first. If it works, great! Otherwise, the LNB's may need to be replaced. If the OP tries this and posts back here, he can tell us which one is right.
thank you for all the help guys last question how many hopper3s can you have on one account and how many 4k joyes max, what are the rules?

thank you for all the help guys last question how many hopper3s can you have on one account and how many 4k joyes max, what are the rules?
You can have two Hopper 3's (both of which can be hooked up through the DPH42 switch) on one account. At least one of the Hopper 3's must be purchased. I think the limit for Joeys is six per Hopper 3, regardless of which type of Joey, but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

If you get the right person at Dish anything is possible.
When I got my four HWSs at the same time the CSR passed me along to the special Hopper CSR department because that was the procedure with customers that wanted more than two HWSs. Should be the same procedure for customers who want two Hopper 3s. It blows my mind that some CSRs say that two H3s are not allowed when we all know that all it takes is the right person.

Reactions: littlecloud319
20201026_112827.jpg
20201026_112827.jpg

This is how my wally is connected to the garage right now. From the 44 to 42.
Going to connect a Solo hub to the top connector to a Hopper3.
Will that work then?

Not bad

another three year old thread revival today
It is a good thing that Bobby quoted the post to which he was responding. Otherwise, I would have thought that Bobby was the one who revived it, since the reviver's post is now missing. Also fortunately, Tman2010 did reply again after that. So at least it was not a case of someone reviving an old thread, getting an answer, and then deleting the reviving post, never to be heard from again. That has happened before, in other threads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts