Install in 2 days

Status
Please reply by conversation.

purwater

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
Bluefield, VA
Hey all, I'm currently a Dish sub with 2 722s and I'm leaving that setup for my mom to use and in my new house I'm going with Directv. I signed up today for the whole home DVR with a DVR in the living room and an HD receiver for the bedroom. It's been about 2 years since I had Directv so I'm not sure what type of equipment will be used. I'm assuming some type of slimline dish, but how many cables will be run from the dish into the home? I remember reading that they had been working on something that would need less cables coming in from the dish a while back. Also, I asked that a pole mount be used as my home is in a location where the dish needs to be out away from the house about 40 ft to get a good line of sight over the trees. That's why I was wondering how many cables would be needed. I was considering running the cables myself from the pole location to the home to speed things along for the install. Thanks for any info.

Hey all, I'm currently a Dish sub with 2 722s and I'm leaving that setup for my mom to use and in my new house I'm going with Directv. I signed up today for the whole home DVR with a DVR in the living room and an HD receiver for the bedroom. It's been about 2 years since I had Directv so I'm not sure what type of equipment will be used. I'm assuming some type of slimline dish, but how many cables will be run from the dish into the home? I remember reading that they had been working on something that would need less cables coming in from the dish a while back. Also, I asked that a pole mount be used as my home is in a location where the dish needs to be out away from the house about 40 ft to get a good line of sight over the trees. That's why I was wondering how many cables would be needed. I was considering running the cables myself from the pole location to the home to speed things along for the install. Thanks for any info.

You will probably get the SWM LNB so you will have one line coming in from your dish. The SWM lnb can feed up to 8 tuners with a single cable coming into the house and using a 4 or 8 way splitter. Splitter depends on how many receivers you have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)