Install Question (Altoona/Johnstown DMA)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

doug4772

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Lewistown, PA
I am signed up to have Directv installed next week. I live in State College, PA so I get the Altoona/Johnstown Local Channels in HD.

Will I need to have two dishes to get all available channels (including locals) in HD? Also, do you know what direct the dish(s) will point. I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect before they come out.

Thanks in Advance.

No, you should only need the 1 Ka/Ku dish. My mother in law lives in Lewistown and they only have a 18" single LNB dish. Your dish will point roughly 227* SW.

If you're getting HD stations, they will install a 18''x24'' dish with 5 LNBs. This is pretty standard nowadays. I know the last post says single LNB, but that's only if you don't have HD. Your dish will be pointing towards Mexico.

No, you should only need the 1 Ka/Ku dish. My mother in law lives in Lewistown and they only have a 18" single LNB dish. Your dish will point roughly 227* SW.

Lewistown has different locals than State College as well. Lewistown get's Harrisburg/York/Lancaster. State College get's Johnstown/Altoona.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts