install scheduled for 1-09-09

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgkelly66

Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
called install company and they told me it would be a swm 5lnb dish.what do i need to watch for.does that mean that i will only have 1 cable to the hd dvr.im switching over from dish.thanks.

As far as I know, Directv is suspending use of the SWM 3 and 5 LNBs due to cold weather issues.

Make sure you have a solid mounting location for the Slimline dish. I sunk a 6x6 post in 150 lbs. of concrete a week before my install just because I didn't want 8-10 lag bolt holes in my house. The slimline requires strut arms for support.

As far as I know, Directv is suspending use of the SWM 3 and 5 LNBs due to cold weather issues.

What ?
from what you guys posted suspending using the SWM3 and 5 LNB's I hope your saying SWM 3, 5 , and NOT 5 LNB set ups.
There are tons of 5 lnb set ups that have been working for years now, they are fine from what I can tell.

Curious, what have they said is the issue with the cold weather, I would think the electronics would be fine. ???

Jimbo

What ?
from what you guys posted suspending using the SWM3 and 5 LNB's I hope your saying SWM 3, 5 , and NOT 5 LNB set ups.
There are tons of 5 lnb set ups that have been working for years now, they are fine from what I can tell.

Curious, what have they said is the issue with the cold weather, I would think the electronics would be fine. ???

Jimbo

I just had an install a week ago. I think it's the same dish, slimline 5 lnb. He installed it on the back corner of my house pointing over the peak. No problem since my roof slope is less than 30 degrees and I'm at 40 north latitude.

He put it at the back corner at the lowest point of the roof for easy access via an 18 foot ladder. Holes in the roof do not leak on mine. He used gaskets that appears to be working fine.
The main post went over the soffet but the struts have 4 screws in each and are over the corner of my father's bedroom. We've already had 2 torrential downpours and 50 mph winds once. No problems at all. No leaks and no change in signal strength at all.

As long as you don't have any strange elements to the install, I think you'll be fine.

Tom P.

What ?

Jimbo

Don't know if its because of the cold, but my LNB has developed a leak somewhere, causing the LNB to not work, 0% signal on everything. Take it inside to dry out a couple of hours, re-install and reset receiver, all is back to normal. Tech is coming tuesday.

Not here did 2 SWM3 installs and a SWM 5 install todat, still using a WNC 5 lnb (eagle aspen 3)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts