Install Verifcation Failed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Intamin

Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
pa
Ok so i am a new tech and have installed about 50 hddvrs. Everyonce and a while i will have this problem. So yesterday i did a 2 room hd dvr setup with slimline 3. Now second floor dvr had great signal 90s all across the board. Activated and verified just fine. 1st floor failed saying 99c was low. so i tried again then 99 and 103 failed. So i thought well lets switch them around and see if signal was low coming from lines. So took it upstairs and same problem. This was the 21 with bbc installed. Now the answer everyone tells me is just keep hitting try again till it works. This is unacceptable to me i spent over 2 hours doing this then when it did finally activate all the signals stabilized. I switched the bbc a few times and it didn't help the problem. i also failed to mention that input 1 had 96 on 101 95 on 103 and 97 on 99 and the input 2 had 96 on 101 95 on 103 and 72 on 99. now after i did finally get it to activate they where all in the 90s. I know the dish alignment was right due to birdog and other dvr worked fine. its like 1 in 10 have this issue and every tech here i talk to tells me the same answer its a software problem all you can do it hit try again. I don't want to waste my entire day click a button. Any help would be great!!!

Anyone know the cause of this problem And how to fix it?

Last edited:

yea its the boxes acting retarded.... just hope for the best, sometimes if you activate before doing the download you still have the old ivr software where you can still hit continue. but if you have mostly refurbs, then your basically sol.... sometime you have to use the swim splitter trick to knock down the signal a bit, you can try that.

We all have that problem occassionally. I've found the swim spitter trick to be the fastest fix.

What is the SWIM Splitter trick? You say just hook up one line and put swm lnb on and switch activate then switch back?

Put a SWM splitter directly behind the receiver. Cable from outside to red input, output to BBC, BBC to receiver. After successfully activating, you can take the SWM splitter out.

the boxes are f**ked up. softwhere download. if that dont work REFORMAT the hdd. that will work. OR just do as i do. and swap the damn box.

Ok so i am a new tech and have installed about 50 hddvrs. Everyonce and a while i will have this problem. So yesterday i did a 2 room hd dvr setup with slimline 3. Now second floor dvr had great signal 90s all across the board. Activated and verified just fine. 1st floor failed saying 99c was low. so i tried again then 99 and 103 failed. So i thought well lets switch them around and see if signal was low coming from lines. So took it upstairs and same problem. This was the 21 with bbc installed. Now the answer everyone tells me is just keep hitting try again till it works. This is unacceptable to me i spent over 2 hours doing this then when it did finally activate all the signals stabilized. I switched the bbc a few times and it didn't help the problem. i also failed to mention that input 1 had 96 on 101 95 on 103 and 97 on 99 and the input 2 had 96 on 101 95 on 103 and 72 on 99. now after i did finally get it to activate they where all in the 90s. I know the dish alignment was right due to birdog and other dvr worked fine. its like 1 in 10 have this issue and every tech here i talk to tells me the same answer its a software problem all you can do it hit try again. I don't want to waste my entire day click a button. Any help would be great!!!

Anyone know the cause of this problem And how to fix it?
this is what i do to bypass this problem. Instead of selecting the proper dish during setup select the single lnb. it will still say 99 or 103 failed go ahead and activate, then sometimes it will say failed again just reset and it should have the continue option. once its complete just go back through and select proper dish. then you are good to go. just make sure there is not a phone line connected durring this process! hope this helps
:D

This thread was is highly instructive to me. I stopped doing HSP work a long time ago for other reasons. But now we have receivers that won't activate because of low signal? I saw this comming. No installs on cloudy days. Figure ways to bypas this new feature?

I just would like to hear from the DTV management that thinks this is yet another positive feature in the installation system.

Joe

You can either do the SWM splitter trick, or you can add a 50' spool of cable into the line.

I just have a 50' spool of dual sitting in my truck for this. What is happening is that the stupid software reads the signal as TOO GOOD. Thus it cuts it down and fails. You can just add in the cable and it will pass. You can also go out and de-tune the dish and it will pass as well (How Stupid Is That?)

You can either do the SWM splitter trick, or you can add a 50' spool of cable into the line.

I just have a 50' spool of dual sitting in my truck for this. What is happening is that the stupid software reads the signal as TOO GOOD. Thus it cuts it down and fails. You can just add in the cable and it will pass. You can also go out and de-tune the dish and it will pass as well (How Stupid Is That?)

Amazing!

It is time for the wonks that planned this feature to cowboy up and install this crap for a week.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)