INSTALLATION...again and again....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChrisMat

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
...glad that "ICEBERG" is not at melting point so I can still use him...(just monkey joke)...like others I have a problem..my data : living in Florida (34461) trying instal ViewsatXtreme and so far just "NOTHING"..site setup elevation on antenna 30 deg, - elevation on LNB (Invacom motorized) 51 degrees, azimuth south...and I know that there is something fundamentally wrong in my case...Maybe "Iceberg" can come to rescue ? new calculations ?...with my first picture I will pledge my contribution...regards to all who give me hand and good hints..ChrisMat

to get you started...

There have been a lot of discussion and comments about all but maybe the very -latest- Viewsat receivers not playing well with motors.
You can snoop around here paying particular attention to threads with that flavor for more info.

I know...

and I read those treads to get more indoctrinated but still my question is more specific and for "guys" who know answer is probaly simple - I found your answer a bit of "moralizing" - any hint (calculations) instead ? be glad for it...

I get the following location for your ZIP code:

LECANTO, FL 34461 United States
Latitude: 28.816 N
Longitude: 82.484 W

Consulting the Sadoun site for motor install, it says to set the motor to your lattitude: 28.8º
Setting it to 30º is not accurate enough.

To set the elevation of the dish, consult the web links, depending on which motor you have and set it accordingly.
It won't be 51º

The site says to aim at 82ºW satellite for your true south.
That is a BEV Nimiq DBS satellite, with almost all programming encrypted, but more importantly it's circular.
Your linear LNB may not see much signal there.

Well, since you didn't say which Invacom LNB you had, I assumed it was linear only.
Maybe you have a fancier one.
And you didn't mention your motor. Knowing might help.
If you have or want to use any switches, setting up the receiver to use them would be something in need of explanation.
And last, the dish is less important, but it would be good to know what kind you have. :)

...thank you Anole (have them bunch around here), thank you Concord - look like we heading there closer and closer....to be clear it says motorized Invacom DXM-7000/42 and elevation on DISH is 31 BUT on the MOTOR angle is set 51 respectively...I have DiSEEqc splitter but I don't use it (only one line,one receiver conncted).....and finally I am tryind get signal through BlindSearch.....surely I am dead wrong but not strong enough correct myself - need a prompter...thank you "guys".....finally if there is any chance to find friendly soul living close to Ocala to get live chat ? how to locate any user's address (phone) from Florida ? might be possible get help from ADIMIN (moderator) ? for my high frustration I couldn't find anybody (so far) in our area who knows anything about FTA............regards

..each time I open this thread I think I got it (?)...wonder if somebody might give me straight answer on angles....my dish angle (for area) is 31 but what angle (corresponding) suppose to be on LNB ? I really think those numbers are disconcordant in my case....I have now 31 and 55 and NO GHOST even.....thanks

on the left side of the motor bracket from behind the post the side markings on the bracket should read Latitude set this to 28.8

the dish elevation should be 30 degrees -(minus) the declination which should be 4.7 so set the dish elevation to 25.3

so motor should be 28.8 dish should be 25.3

..I think I found (eureka!) that declination angle on my LNB must be for my area (30-9= 21)...that's right 21....if this is OK please confim it ....thanks again...anyone ?
PS:it takes time but I feel stroger by now...

..I think I found (eureka!) that declination angle on my LNB must be for my area (30-9= 21)...that's right 21....if this is OK please confim it ....thanks again...anyone ?
PS: it takes time but I feel stroger by now...

When the motor is aimed to Zero position, the LNBF will be set to Zero (or 12 o'clock position). No skew rotation adjustment for your LNBF. The motor will set the LNBF skew.

PS: it takes time but I feel stroger by now...

If you have a Moteck SG2100 or Digipower SG-2100, yes (30-8.68). Note that I asked what brand of dish and motor you have. The fortec dishes are known to be up to 5 degrees off in elevation. My calculated elevation was 39.4 (I have a HH90 motor), but it was more like 43 on my dish at my true south azimuth. So be prepared to move your dish left/right and up/down, pausing about 10-20 seconds between moves.

on the left side of the motor bracket from behind the post the side markings on the bracket should read Latitude set this to 28.8

the dish elevation should be 30 degrees -(minus) the declination which should be 4.7 so set the dish elevation to 25.3

so motor should be 28.8 dish should be 25.3

30 degrees - (minus) the declination (using Latitude)

this motor is suggested in places a new 2100 but it might have a built in offset so it depends on what the manual says.

The fortec dishes are known to be up to 5 degrees off in elevation.

This is a given for most any dish, the settings are general and just to get you in the ballpark. But is good information to know :) I don't think i've set a dish yet thats right on.

..thank you all again...tried all variations (calculations) and still NO pic...getting "S" (signal bar on) but NO "Q" bar is activated (moving) ...BTW "Q" stands for (?) quantitative ? qualitative?....one more time if possible I would like repeat my quest - if there is any member/ Viewsat user in Florida, particularly in Ocala area ? how can I find that ? "blind scan only ?".....regards

Hey there Chris, fellow Floridian here. I'm way south of you but I can still help you from here.

My favorite way of setting these things up is having a TV with you on the roof or wherever your install site tends to be.

Set your motor elevation for 28.8 (your lattitude) then adjust your dish's elevation for the right marker to try and get AMC 5 which is the 79 degrees west orbital slot. (that's our true south satellite). (Mine and yours that is).

I started off that way and the motor tracked great from there.

Make sure the motor is at position "0" before you do this. Then begin the aiming. I hope this helps. It's a bit frustrating at first but well worth it at the end when your blindscanning.

Hello to PompanoBeach, hello Techno - it sounds promissing but I would ask you what angle you have on the dish (mast)?...I think after all I deserve to get ANY picture...regards

Make sure you lnb settings are correct. I'm sure Iceburg has advised you accordingly. As for the finding of sats. Pick something with a strong signal in your neck of the woods. Don't pick any weak ones. AMC 6, SBS 6, should be pretty strong where you are, and make sure you pick an active transponder. set up dish to as true south as you can, use viewsat to drive motor to either of the sats above using USALS function (I hope you know your lat and long for where you live). (I have a viewsat and they drive motors no problem). Then keep trying to allign the dish (small movements up/down left/right until you see some qual. Hope this helps.

"Let's go one more time" like in country song.....just came back to town and tried use your installation ideas...for instance I am getting signal (S) 71 on AMC3 but "NO Q"...just ZERO (zip)...moving antenna,using USALS set up and still nothing...I am sure that I have a problem but how to solve it ? My wife gave me "ultimatum" - picture or divorce (?) ...I really wonder what to chose (?)... very soon leaving again hometown (Florida) and heading "wild, wide, west" for 3 weeks.....somebody help (mostly practical hints welcome ASAP).....thank you in advance....ChrisMat

...can somebody explain that phenomenon Signal (S) "70" - Quality (Q) "0" -how these two settings can co-exist ?...getting (electronically) confused ....thanks...ChrisMat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)