Installation help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timichel

Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
I have legal dish network. I just purchased a motorized system (stab hh90, invaquom lnb, 80 cm dish, 2 coolsat receivers).
1) I need to know how to set it up for me to switch between my dishnetwork and my FTA system.
2) what will I need in term of switches ect.
3) elevation and lattitude
4) do I set up the motor in disecq or usuals

your help would be grratly appreciated

1) In a nutshell, run your fixed and motorized dishes to the Coolsat through a 4x1 switch and connect your Dish receiver to the "IF Out" of the Coolsat. As long as the Coolsat is turned off you can receive whatever Dish programming you're subscribed to.

The actual mechanics of doing such a setup will I'm sure be commented on by someone else.

2) See above. Make sure you're switch is positioned after the motor and not before it.

3) Your elevation and latitude are figures you'll need to look up yourself because they're unique to your specific location.

4) USALS is much easier to work with than Diseqc. Since the Coolsat supports USALS (and the Stab motor does by default) use it.

Have fun!

While combining Dish reception and FTA reception from the same antenna is possible to some extent, it is not really advisable. The newer Dish systems use stacked frequencies, so its better to keep your FTA system separate from your Dish system (use separate dishes for each)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)