Installation of 95 sat dish - help needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

koolit

Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
Hello,

I am trying to install dish pointing to 95 sat for int. channels. I have a subscribed receiver (directv D11) which was set to 101 sat. I could not find any options in the menu to select 95 sat for signal strength. Also, I could not find what elevation and azimuth for 95 sat from my zip. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have the instruction booklet that came with the dish? This is vital as it has a chart that will guide you with your settings. Set the dish accordingly and then find the 101 sat and peak it. If you're using a meter, you must then switch the meter over to the 95 LNB output and peak the signal that you will have tuned when the 101 is peaked. After peaking that signal connect all lines into the 4X4 or 6x8 switch that you MUST have to complete this installation. Go inside the house and go the satellite part of setup and look for "auto configuration" or "auto detect" and let it run to find the 95. NOTE: only do this on one receiver at a time. If you do it on more than one they will all fail. Good luck, I'm heading to the beach.

Dknow said:
Do you have the instruction booklet that came with the dish? This is vital as it has a chart that will guide you with your settings. Set the dish accordingly and then find the 101 sat and peak it. If you're using a meter, you must then switch the meter over to the 95 LNB output and peak the signal that you will have tuned when the 101 is peaked. After peaking that signal connect all lines into the 4X4 or 6x8 switch that you MUST have to complete this installation. Go inside the house and go the satellite part of setup and look for "auto configuration" or "auto detect" and let it run to find the 95. NOTE: only do this on one receiver at a time. If you do it on more than one they will all fail. Good luck, I'm heading to the beach.

Thanks for the help. Enjoy the beach!

I think I wasn't clear enough. I am trying to get 95 sat only with single lnb. The receiver is from my friend which was pointed to 101.

I need to find the following things:
1. Elevetion and Azimuth for 95 sat for my zip.
2. How to find the signal strength with the dtv receiver? As I said, in the menu options, there is no option to select 95 sat (like dishnet receiver has option to select any dishnet sats for signal strength).

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.

Last edited:
the lnb for the 95 is different then that of the 101,110,119. you need the international dish

stevo/65 said:
the lnb for the 95 is different then that of the 101,110,119. you need the international dish

I ahve an old single lnb dtv dish. Would that work for 95 degree sat?

No it will not. You have to get an international dish. Directv receivers will not function without the 101 being tuned in. The int'l dish has two lnb's. The standard 101 lnb and then the c-band type 95 lnb. A regular directv dish could never tune in the 95.

Thank you very much to all for help. I guess I will have to buy a new dish for international channels.

just order it thru directv and they will give you the International dish free
but you have to comit to a year of international program

Some site allow you to order it as a new customer

My girlfriend tore the line out , dish off the roof

I had a hard time trying to find 95*
I dont have a signal meter, just used the one on the H20
I had to find 101 first and then it fell into place
the 101 LNB on the world direct dish see's 110 , 119 . but you have to move the dish just right to see 110 and 119
tilt, azmuth just right

But i need new line put in

Last edited:
kds64 said:
just order it thru directv and they will give you the International dish free
but you have to comit to a year of international program

Some site allow you to order it as a new customer

My girlfriend tore the line out , dish off the roof

I had a hard time trying to find 95*
I dont have a signal meter, just used the one on the H20
I had to find 101 first and then it fell into place
the 101 LNB on the world direct dish see's 110 , 119 . but you have to move the dish just right to see 110 and 119
tilt, azmuth just right

But i need new line put in
If you don't get 95 signal, there will not be a download and it will not see or get the meter from receiver for 95.
Your best bet is get an installer to do it for you or you will spending day after day to try get the signal, it may if you lucky.

i did it with out the signal meter
just aim the world direct dish at 101 and the same time found 95*
I dont need an installer
installer don't do a good job, they over charge and they can't peak the signal

kds64 said:
I dont need an installer
installer don't do a good job, they over charge and they can't peak the signal
THis world direct dish has everything set to accordingly, with other type of dish for 101/95, you will not be that easy. Beside, your single stick stir in a group of installers and telling everyone, installer don't do good work and they can't peak the signal and over charge, I do believe you make a bad publicity.

kds64 said:

I have experience installing superdish (triple lnb), so I think I can handle this. Here is what I did:

1. I installed the international dish.
2. I connected receiver D11 to dish and try to point the dish to 101 and 95 sats.
3. I found the options for selecting (a) Single lnb round, (b) Dual lnb oval, and (3)Triple lnb oval dish. Any of those options did not give me option to select 95 sat (It had 101, 110, and 119 sats only)
4. I could easily find 101 sat, but did not have an option to choose 95 sat in the setup menu (to see the signal strength).

How can I have an option to see the signal strength of 95 sat?
If I use a signal meter, how would I know if I got the right (95) sat?

if your tilt is correct , mast is plummed, peak your 101, then you 95 should be automatically align. Just do an auto detect in the setup menu. The 95 should pop up on the d11 signal meter.

The trick for finding 95 with a cheap meter is feed the signal through the TV antenna side of a diplexer into the meter. G3C at 95deg has transponders that extend below any other satellite in the area and the diplexer will filter out all the common satellites and leave a unique signature to peak on.
Bob
koolit said:
How can I have an option to see the signal strength of 95 sat?
If I use a signal meter, how would I know if I got the right (95) sat?

jckm78 said:
if your tilt is correct , mast is plummed, peak your 101, then you 95 should be automatically align. Just do an auto detect in the setup menu. The 95 should pop up on the d11 signal meter.

I followed this: connected 6x8 switch (needed for 95 sat), peak 101, then auto detect. The receiver picked up 95 automatically (it took a long time for auto detect though).

Thank you all for help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)