Installation Questions

kerronis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2007
US and A
Hi All,

I just signed up for E* service and I am curious to know what kind of equipment the installer will bring. On my automated order email from E* the following is listed :

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Equipment:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dish 1000.2 KIT[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DISH 1000.2 KIT[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DISH 500[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leased VIP622 System [/FONT]

Can anyone shed some light as I am completely clueless on if just 1 dish or 2 will be needed. I'm guessing that there will be multiple LNB's however.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. The CSR said I would get all HD channels, but I've been reading around that some people have to hit the 61.5 bird to get some? What's that all about? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get more familiar with E*!

Well, IIRC you won't get the "HD Demo Channel" that's only on 61.5. That's the same as looking at a fishtank, which it literally is! Neat to watch for about 5 minutes, then you'll probably never go back to it unless you want to show-off your system. It is a great looking channel all the time.

Welcome, BTW. You'll love the 622, good choice...!

Since no one else has said it yet, Welcome to Satellite guys! And don't worry about asking questions, that is what this place is all about!

Since no one else has said it yet, Welcome to Satellite guys! And don't worry about asking questions, that is what this place is all about!

Thanks! You guys are really helpful. I decided to make the move due to my cable provider's lack of HD channels, plus the fact that they have only added 1 new channel since Nov '06! Looks like E* will fill my HD void for me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts