Installation w/Cable Internet Clearification

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TooFastForYa

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Troy, MO
I am moving into an apartment and have installation of DirecTV and Charter cable internet scheduled to be installed. I don't know how the apartment is currently wired. I want to understand what is required for both to be installed correctly.

Reading, I see some saying that they can coexist on RG-6 while others say they cannot. So my question is, what do I need to look for when each installer is finished to be sure the services will not conflict with each other, and so that DirecTV is connected to the internet? I understand the best case would be if they each had their own drop, but if they don't I want to make sure the correct hardware is in place. I have read about SWM, diplexors, DECA, ect; what do I need?

Installation Details:
HR34 and H24
Docsis 3.0
Wireless Router

Thanks

you should be fine. The cable should come in on one cable and go directly into a Modem/Router. The DirecTV will come in on a different cable and go to the receivers/TV's
If the DirecTV is getting connected to the internet, then they wil connect through the Router.
There souldn't be any coexistence on the Coaxial Cables.

Just re-read the post.. (It's early.. havent had enough coffee yet)
What to look for:
From the cable guy: Make sure that the coax that goes to the Modem/Router is the only one actually connected. All the other lines should be disconnected from the splitter(s) where the cable comes into the apartment.
From DirecTV: Normal Install

I am moving into an apartment and have installation of DirecTV and Charter cable internet scheduled to be installed. I don't know how the apartment is currently wired. I want to understand what is required for both to be installed correctly.

Reading, I see some saying that they can coexist on RG-6 while others say they cannot. So my question is, what do I need to look for when each installer is finished to be sure the services will not conflict with each other, and so that DirecTV is connected to the internet? I understand the best case would be if they each had their own drop, but if they don't I want to make sure the correct hardware is in place. I have read about SWM, diplexors, DECA, ect; what do I need?

Installation Details:
HR34 and H24
Docsis 3.0
Wireless Router

Thanks

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Internet and satellite must be on separate feeds.

Not 100% true, but sure makes installation easier.

If Cable and Directv SWM need to share a cable, they can with the appropriate application of SWM Diplexors and Band Stop Filters. There will be cable channels missing, but Cable Modem and MRV should Work.

You are right, it's not 100% true, but it's about 99%. Why try to use them together and ask for trouble? Just use separate feeds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)