Installer claims 'new Directv rule' about climbing on roofs - really?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Chip you are up on the good stuff!
Commdecks are a good product. In my opinion they are most appropriate at the time of construction / roof installation but work ok as a retrofit. There is a minor $$$$$ involved so they didn't make it into the bag of tricks for the FREE installation.
ALSO I think we are moving into a period when a next generation of techs is taking over installations and maintenance of the systems. If you can excuse a huge generalization I see the new guys as individuals who seem to love rules and regulations. If they are told what to do they will ignore the sinking ship as they line up the deck chairs. They are afraid of "getting in trouble." So I think they would be happiest not knowing about many of the concepts that might work. In their risk avoidance world they just need rules........like no dishes over living quarters.

Just my opinion,

Joe

Your opinion is correct and it happens in a lot of work places, its called MICRO Managing from the management .

Your opinion is correct and it happens in a lot of work places, its called MICRO Managing from the management .

I was a letter carrier for almost 30 years. I know all about micro managing!

I am a pretty strong guy with a lot of ladder experience. A 40 footer is a tough ladder to handle. Especially on a windy day. The risk is dropping the thing and damaging property or putting it through a window. Too much exposure to liability.
I almost dropped one on a car. I told the customer I could not do their install.
I got pissed off, threw the thing on my truck, took it back to the shop and left it there.
I told the boss the next day I would not use that thing ever again. he asked why. Told him what almost happened. He had no interest in opening that can of worms. From then on, two men were required on those jobs.

Personally, I would rent a cherry picker before ever getting on a 40 foot ladder.

7cd9e5060124ff9e917c2a1a01240777.jpg
orig_cherrypicker.jpg

Personally, I would rent a cherry picker before ever getting on a 40 foot ladder.

7cd9e5060124ff9e917c2a1a01240777.jpg
orig_cherrypicker.jpg

Goodbye FREE installation. AND those things often rut the lawn where they are positioned. They MUST be level when used and will take a corner off a building if you hit it just right. Many have to be transported on a flatbed trailer. IF you get into a tight insurance issue a company that is insured to deliver and instal low voltage equipment may not be covered for the operation of construction equipment so no coverage for the ruts and building damage.

At some point you just have to kiss the hard ones off. That point is closer with this roof rule.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts