Installer did not show, did not call

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greybeard

Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
I had a 5lnb dish plus HR20 install scheduled for yesterday and the installer did not show and did not call. I called DTV to reschedule and was told that they have an installation guarantee and that I would receive $100 credit because of the snafu. The delay doesn't matter to me because I can't view the new HD until September anyway. That should pay for SF which I was going to cancel until now. I provide this info in case any of you have the same situation and are not given the $100 credit.

Wow pretty much the exact same thing happened to me yesterday. I was scheduled in a 12pm to 4pm time slot for a new install (1 HD-DVR, 1 HD, and 1 standard) and no one showed or called. I called at 4 and the first rep couldn't find my order. I hung up with her and called back in and the second lady found it, and told me the technician was running late and that it was rescheduled for a 5pm to 7pm window. Apparently they had an incorrect contact number for me. I didn't complain, I was just happy that it would be done today. Well come 7:15 once again I haven't heard anything. I call back and the rep tells me the technician will call me right back. So I wait about 20 minutes or so and he does finally call me. He offered to come after his current job, which probably wouldn't be until 10pm or later, I told him it's not a big deal as long as they can come Monday I'd be happy, which he agreed to do. I haven't disconnected my cable yet so I won't be without service. I did however call DTV back and asked if they had a guarantee of some sort, and I was pleasantly surprised it was $100. I was going to ask for free Superfan, but that works out just as well. I did spend an entire beautiful Saturday waiting patiently for an install that didn't happen, but I think $100 is fair. As long as my service is working before the NFL season starts I'll be happy.

I had my install scheduled for today and last night at 10:30 the install supervisor called and said they couldn't do the install because they are out of the hd dvr. I spent 4 hrs pulling cable and speaker wire through the attic and drilling new holes for my new wall plate and now they are not coming. Called Dtv and got $75 credit, that'll work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)