Installers view point...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I did a search and came up empty. I connected the DVI to a TV I just did and got three sperate pics with black line between them. All vertical and each of the three lines was what was on VOOM at the time if that makes sense, and they are black and white. At first I thought maybe the box, but switched boxes and got the same thing. DVI Cable? TV not set right? Confused...

poopsie,

Did you change the output mode on the STB? Some older televisions don't support the default setting of 720p; press the red button behind the door on the front-right of the STB until the top bar flashes only (1080i mode). You should do this with all new installations, as it generally yields the best picture. If you still have problems with that top-bar setting, perhaps their set doesn't support 1080i? In that case, press the red button until you see the top three bars lit (480p mode).

If none of that works, perhaps their set just doesn't support HD? That does seem strange though, if you are using DVI. Did you try component? Remember, VOOM now requires HDCP support on the DVI input; if the set doesn't support HDCP, it will need to use component.

Ahh yes, the infamous red button. I had totally mind farted about that. I will have to give that a shot, thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts