Installing brackets

Status
Please reply by conversation.
View attachment 132203 I’m now getting 87, 95 and 103 on the 90cm GeoSat Pro. Next time I’m going to add a bracket to the other side and try for 125. That’s a bit less than a 40 degree spread, so it might not work. But I’m down to try.
125w may be a bit ambitious, but if 87w comes in fine, I say go for it.

I'm tempted to go for 87 now, seeing that you're receiving it. Do you get LPB, or just CNN & MTA?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
125w may be a bit ambitious, but if 87w comes in fine, I say go for it.

I'm tempted to go for 87 now, seeing that you're receiving it. Do you get LPB, or just CNN & MTA?

Haven’t peaked 87 yet; just getting CNN and MTA at the moment. Hopefully tomorrow, unless we get the 4 inches of snow they are talking about

I finally had a chance to install the bracket on the other side of the LNB arm. The only satellite I could find that came in reliably well on that side is 113. So I get BVN and Reuters from that.

Final setup: 87, 95, 103/105 (on same LNB) and 113. I think I'm doing pretty good to get 5 on one dish! :)

I wanted to get the ABC feeds on 91 also, but it was either 87 or 91 since the LNB's are so close together. There is more stuff on 87, so I went with that.

Maybe someday I'll buy some of those narrow bullet-shaped LNB's that kittyhas1000legs uses and see what I can get with those. For now, I'm very pleased with these brackets and how stable they are.

I'm still nervous about the lawn mowers hitting the dish, so I think I'm going to put a couple tall thin wooden sticks in the yard so they don't mow around it. That would be an expensive loss.

IMG_0251.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)