Installing my first used 39" KU dish. What LNB & Paint issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any suggestions?
----
1.983in
50.51mm

Attachments

• DSCN6603.JPG
    DSCN6603.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN6605.JPG
    DSCN6605.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 87
Yep I seen the tape answer. Thank you Rima as I wasn't sure. Those spacers can i buy them somewhere?
So that's a c-band holder huh. Interesting do they make a c-band size but ku lnbf?

Ku-band LNBs unusually 40mm (sometimes 25mm), C-band LNBs usually about 62mm. Spacers you can order from local workshop, they can even be made out of strong wood. I could fabricate couple of them for you but shipping costs will eat up the benefit.

Yep the maverick is 40mm on the choke... This one has 3 holes in the bottom of the lnb. I can only assume the holes are for condensation? So they don't make 50mm lnb's?

Scratch all those numbers. My grand kids flew from Dallas and my son had them over here for a visit. Right in the middle of me messing around with this stuff. Anyway the bracket wasn't closed all the way on my measurements. err

I'm reloading now... Sorry

Thanks
Bill

1 1/2 schedule 40 pvc , fits tight in the bracket. So that will certainly take a lot of the slop out. I will cut off a couple rings tomorrow and slice them open a see where i stand on this stupid problem. If it's still to much slop maybe I can catch momma on the way home a get her to pick up some schedule 80. errr.....

Hey Michael, I have been looking at those. I think i am gonna buy a few of them just to keep around anyway. I have been looking for a multi bracket so I can keep the dish still. Yet hit a few different birds with it. My old lady thinks this dish is an old channel master. It's all steel and really really made well. Certainly not cheap junk.

While I am at it. This dish had plastic rivets in the holes where the mount would have bolted up. Any idea what those are and where I might get them? They were brittle and just turn to dust.

Thanks
Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts