Installs Inc. fails to provide schedualed service

Hi, Voomster,

Post this to Wilt over on VOOM/Yahoo. He reads and passes on problem posts.

Yep, I agree about Installs, Inc. being VOOM's downfall in part.

Watching HDTV under mostly clear Seattle skies, Gill

Voomster said:
Howdy,

Well it's been two weeks since my Voom Sat receiver box will not receive local (ota) stations though my other box works receives them ok

I was schedualed a service call on 12/24/04 in the AM , I personally called Voom's Customer Service and Installs inc. to varify several days in advance
and everthing was varified

On 12/24/04 about 9:30 I called Voom Customer Service and they said that Installs Inc. Was not comming , Installs Inc did not even have the coutsity to call me to cancil this schedualed service call. Voom said Installs Inc was not open 12/24/04 (having little faith in anything Voom or Installs Inc tells me at (9:45 am) I called Installs Inc. Said they did call but I was not at home
(like I believe that ?? :no

Anyway They could not tell me if and when I will have a replacement Box delieved to my home I have only one of two boxing fully working now. :(
If I were a new voom customer I would have requested three Voom Satalittel receiver Boxes Two to be used and one to be kept as spare , so when one goes bad I'll have a reserve Voom Sat. receiver to hold me over no matter how may weeks it takes Installs Inc to complete a service call.

If Voom does not succeed as a business venture -- Installs Inc. will clearly be a major factor . :eek:

If anyone in Voom's Corporate office happens to read this message and they can expidite getting my replacement Voom Sat receiver box concidser this a plea for help !!!! :yes

Voomster :rainbow

This is not all that surprising, Hope your luck is better than mine.

Voomster said:
'schedualed'... 'varify'... 'everthing' ... 'varified'...
'comming'... 'coutsity' ....'cancil' ...
'delieved'... 'Satalittel'.... 'concidser'

:eek: Any chance you spelled your address wrong???

Actually, I have been trying to get mine disconnected since mid November when they turned me off because I would not give them a credit card. After my check cleared they turned be back on against my will and letters, and it has been on ever since.

Three times the "de-installers" did not show up. They were supposed to come again today but called and said due to the "storm" they could not come. By the way its sunny outside.

Edit: Next try is this Friday. Another morning off from work.

And of course the de installer did not show up again today. 4th attemp. Voom called and apologized and said someone would come out next Wednesday and they have hired a new firm.

However, when I went home today, lo and behold to my surprised, I received an invoice for $400 for the unreturned unit.

This is why I dislike Voom, because they are always jerking us around with their billing practice and policies, when they are in the wrong.

I am quite frankly very tired of them.

Of course the Voom de-installer did not show up again yesterday, 5th attempt. Voom did not call this time and apologize.

I called VOOM and got a very nice lady CSR. After a lengthy conversation, she said the record showed that the unit had been returned, and I owed nothing, and the $400 would be taken off my bill.

I asked her what was I supposed to do with the receiver, and she said they were going to still pick it up but gave me no date. I complained that I would have to stay home again for the 6th time and lose more work. She was apologetic and said I could take the unit to work, and leave it in the front lobby, and someone would pick it up there and I would not have to miss any more work.

So the VOOM box is sitting in the office front lobby with no pick up date at this point.

Edit1: Almost the end.(1.23.05) After the 6th failed attempt, the de-installer finally came on Friday and away went the box. But they still have me owing them for the box at my on-line account. With the impending DOOM of VOOM with the E* gulp, I am happy to be almost out but expect it will now take many attempts to get the $400 off of my bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)