Instructions for Adding the 61.5 - revised 05/04

Weak Signal on 61.5

I have recently installed a Dish 942, along with a DP 44, a twin plus LNBF on a 500, and DP dual on another 500 looking at 61.5.

I get a very weak signal on the 61.5 (about 50-55), and barely can pull in the Voom channels.

But on my 6000 on the 3rd floor, I get a signal over 100 on the 61.5, and Voom comes in crystal clear.

As a test, i put my old sw64 switch and legacy lnbf's, and voom came in just fine on the 942.

So it must be something with the DP44. I have the 61.5 coming from one output of the dual lnbf to port 3 of the DP44.

Any ideas?

I have a dual on 500 and put a twin on the Voom dish. My switch is a DP44. The dual on the Voom dish would see 61.5 even before cutting the arm. I cut the arm down and put the twin on and it won't see 61.5. With the twin on the 500 it would not see 110 or 119 when going through the DP44 only when I bypassed straight through the switch. Is the twin not compatible with the switch? I'm trying to avoid running another cable to the box. I am only trying to hook up to an 811. All the LNBs are DP. Any help would be great.

A Twin is not going to work on a Voom pan - too small. Get the "I" adapter and put it on the V* dish with the Dual.

The Twin should work fine on the D500 through the DPP44.

You doing your Check Switches?

Not only that, does the Twin say DP on it? If not, it won't work. Also, if you are using the Y backet on the V* dish, you will have to move your dish some since the Y backet offsets the LNB 4.5 degrees.

Finally got the twin lnb to work. Doing a check switch saw the lnb but not 61.5 on a DPP44. I think I read here that a twin needs both cables plugged in to work so I plugged in the lnb that was not being used in port 3 and the other to the ota combiner (I only wanted to connect to one 811.) After doing a check switch 61.5 showed up and the signal is even stronger than the 110 and 119.

I'm at a loss here. I think I have everything set up correctly but no luck getting 61.5. I have a Dish500 with a legacy quad feeding 4 receivers. I added an old Dish 300 with a legacy lnb (one eye, 2 coax.....can't recall offhand if it's called a twin or dual). I ran one line from the dish 300 to an SW21 and one line from the dish 500 to the other port on the SW21. The output from the SW21 feeds my 811.

When I do a check switch it shows up as SW21-3 sat but it only registers the 110 and 119 sats. I get an X on the third leg. When I cancel out of everything to go back to watching TV it goes through the whole acquiring signal routine. About half the time it even says it's acquiring signal on 61.5 even though it won't detect it during the check switch. I never do see the 61.5 channels in the guide though.

According to Dish's satfinder app I need to be pointed at 99 az, 18 elevation. I'm using one of the satfinders that are all over ebay and I'm definitely hitting something. Is it possible that I'm hitting some other satellite in that area that my receivers can't deal with?

Any advice is appreciated. I really want the new HD channels but I'm dead in the water for now. I'll try running a cable straight to my receiver tomorrow and see if that does anything but I'm not holding out much hope.

t00ld00d said:
I get an X on the third leg.
Hmm, I wonder what Freud would say about that? Actually you may need to keep adusting the elevation and azimuth until you get the signal. I had the same problem and continued adjustment got rid of the X.

I think I could give Freud nightmares :eek: I finally got 61.5 by running the cable direct to the receiver. Did a check switch and it recognized the satellite. Hooked everything back up and did another check switch, everything is working great. I'm not seeing CBS-HD in the guide (this was a dish I previously had pointed at 148) so I'm thinking they never authorized the west coast feed on it. I'll call them later today and get that resolved then life will be good. Thanks for the advice.

Help for Azim + Elevation for 61.5

Finally I put up my extra Dish Pro 500 (dual lnb) for getting the 61.5 Sat.
I covered the 110 lnb side with foil (after I have eaten the cake, which was holding it)
my zip code is 76504
If somebody could please give me Azim and Elev. for this location, I could continue tomorrow.
Thank you very much in advance.
Matt :)

P.S. Before anybody wants to know - It was Blueberry cake :D

Can I use two SW21 switches with my Quad for dual feeds to my 942? Seems to be joking out one of the 61.5 feeds when I connect two SW21's??

Had to run a second line out of 61.5 to get things working properly. All good now. Thanks!

larrystotler said:
Yes, it should work fine, so long as you are connecting to both of the 942's inputs identically.

I used a dish 500 dp twin lnb, a dp21, superdish 105, dp34 method. However, I had to cover the 119 LNB for it to work. Check switch worked the first time and I'm Vooming :) Why did I use a dishpro 500 twin...it was free from a neighbor. DP21 was a few bucks on ebay. Much better than 199 from dishnetwork.

Okay I hope someone is still watching this thread because I am really stumped. I have had 61.5 running since November (when I got a 921) and everything has been fine. I signed up for and received the Voom channels for about 2 weeks. All the sudden about 2 weeks ago I lost 61.5 and have not been able to get it back.

I have worked on this for hours and tried everything I know how. I have been a sub for 9 years so I felt that I have had every problem in the book but I can't figure this one out. I first ran the 61.5 signal direct to one of my receivers and it is there with a strength between 80-100 depending on the transponder. I swapped the LNB in case and no dice. I had dish send me a new DPP44 switch and that did not do it either. I borrowed an sw21 from my local dealer (not sure if this is DPP or not) and it saw all three satellites with no problem. Any ideas or suggestions? The crazy thing is that it worked fine for months and then gone. It is not signal fade because I can run direct this very minute and get a good signal (and can watch the channels).

Under the normal setup, running a check switch shows 110 and 119 but 61.5 is nowhere to be found. By the way I have done all testing on my DVR 508 not on my 921, I have enough problems without opening that can of worms.

My equipment:

Dish 500 - DP Twin (110/119)
Dish 300 - DP Dual (61.5)
Switch is DPP44 (power inserter seems to be working fine)

Please Help!

Thanks,
Davis

Mainly because that is what dishstore.net told me that I needed and sold me with my 921. This is most likely because I wanted to be able to run only one line to my 921 and I use a seperator at the receiver. Believe me it was an expensive switch and I would have preferred not to buy it.

Davis

61.5 Problesm with DP44

I am having a similar issue with my DP44. I had an SW64 and everything worked fine, but switched to the DP44 when I upgraded my receiver to the 942. I think Dish might have a bug here somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)