Intelsat 805 55.5W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tangriman

Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Can anybody suggest if i can get channels from this satellite. I am located in San Diego California. Also which dish would be the best option.
lyngsat says some of the channels are for free
http://www.lyngsat.com/i805.html

3717 V
tp 11

Zee Network
DVB 11574-3/4
Hemi DX Bozóth

Zee Gujarati Conax 22901 102 103 Guj

Zee TV USA 22906 1702 1703 Hi

Alpha ETC Punjabi Conax 22908 3702 3703 Pun

Zee Cinema USA 22910 2902 2903 Hi

C-Band.

Atleast a 6 footer, but go with a 8-10 ft dish.

Do you have a HOA? If so, then odds are you are SOL on this sat.

only 2 of them are free (the other are scrambled)

You would need a C-band dish (at least 6 feet...probably more)

elevation numbers and such from the 619

elevation-15
azimuth-93
skew -53.8

Okay I am new the FTA lingo. Does HOA mean House owner association or something else. I know it's funny but Its my ignorance. Similalry no idea about SOL.

Lygsat says Zee TV USA is free, 1433MHz. Is it possible that even though lyngsat says it is free "F" and the channel is still scrmabled.

I live in an apartment on ist floor So I will have a clear view of the sky as I have the roof to my disposal.

tangriman said:
I live in an apartment on ist floor So I will have a clear view of the sky as I have the roof to my disposal.
You'll still need at least an 8' dish to receive any channels. Will your landlord allow a dish that size?

Al

tangriman said:
Okay I am new the FTA lingo. Does HOA mean House owner association or something else. I know it's funny but Its my ignorance. Similalry no idea about SOL.

Lygsat says Zee TV USA is free, 1433MHz. Is it possible that even though lyngsat says it is free "F" and the channel is still scrmabled.

Lygnsat is a good guide but not correct all the time. Somethings are scrambled when it says its free and vise versa.

I'd be utterly shocked if you landlord allows a 6ft+ dish.

You will probably have to sub to a sat provider (dish, bell, etc) to get these channels.

You should be able to...

tangriman said:

You will be able to get that bird with a 6 footer, I am. As of right now the info on Lyngsat is right on the money. There is only one channel that I can not get well with the 6' and it is the station from Ecuador but that is just because the signal is not that strong for the 6'. If you can go with a bigger dish do it, but if a 6 footer is as big as you can go, it will also do the trick.

DM...:cool:

i own the place

Since I own the place I think I can put that big dish on the roof.
Can anybody confirm
1) if ZEE TV USA is for Free.
2) if somebody is catching channels from 55.5W intelsat805 in N america near san diego

Thanks a lot to all for their inputs

What should i tell the dish people.
I need a 8foot C band dish? Are there any other recommendations from the pros?

tangriman I can confirm there are 3 Zee channels on the sat, I can watch Zee Tv - USA and Zee Cinema - USA. Zee Gujrati - USA is scrambled.
I am using a 6 foot solid dish on the east coast.

tangriman said:
Since I own the place I think I can put that big dish on the roof.
Can anybody confirm
1) if ZEE TV USA is for Free.
2) if somebody is catching channels from 55.5W intelsat805 in N america near san diego

Thanks a lot to all for their inputs

Damm, you own the entire apartment complex? You should think about getting some info from your tennants. You may be able to wire the rest of the apartments and its would be an incentive to stay there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts