Intelsat 805 - Free channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
i was wondering if someone could tell me if Record Internacional USA-Canadá and TV Globo Internacional Américas , are FTA channels, because some people have told me that they have catched it?

http://www.lyngsat.com/i805.html

If it's not free on this satellite, does anyone know what bird i would be able to catch it from in Toronto,Ont Canada?

Dish Network sells them. If you can get a grey market subscription for it, you'll be set.
They are not available anywhere in North America FTA.

Iceberg .. if i got a powervu receiver,,, would i still need a subscription with somebody or does the receiver do everything... If the does everything,,, how much would one normally cost roughly if you know?

slimmswitch said:
Iceberg .. if i got a powervu receiver,,, would i still need a subscription with somebody or does the receiver do everything... If the does everything,,, how much would one normally cost roughly if you know?

It's not hard to purchase a PowerVu IRD, but unless you are a cable company or equivalant, you will not be able to get it authorized by the programming provider. At that point, you just own an expensive, feature limited MPEG2/FTA receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)