Interesting thread about MRV

Why the H21-200 first? I want and wish they would do the H21-100 First.

Only DirecTV knows for sure
Would a Powerline adapter work for the H21? I guess I should get it networked soon? What the time frame for the H21-100??

As long as the powerline adapter, as long as the bandwidth that it can get is enough for the HD stream don't see why not. As for timeframe, nobody has said anything for sure but the impression I get is we'd be guessing a few weeks not months.

I have the H21-200, but I don't see any network support in the software. I see a ethernet connection on the back, just no way to enable it. I suspect they must be adding that to the firmware on the next release.

I have the H21-200, but I don't see any network support in the software. I see a ethernet connection on the back, just no way to enable it. I suspect they must be adding that to the firmware on the next release.

That's the plan, so if you want to try the CE when it comes out for MRV (watch here for notices) then get that e-net port connected so you're ready to go.

me too, but this may be justification for an h20 box for my sons room.

Don't get a H20, they don't have ethernet connections and from what I've seen D* has no plans to support a USB->Ethernet adapter.

I've got HR20 -700's and an H 20, so that means NO GO for me then. :(

Jimbo

Jimbo, the buzz is don't count on the H20's ever getting MRV since they don't have an ethernet port and no plans to add support for a USV->Ethernet adapter.

Jimbo, the buzz is don't count on the H20's ever getting MRV since they don't have an ethernet port and no plans to add support for a USV->Ethernet adapter.

Thats what I figured, like someone said, it would make the bedroom a DVR type rec at that point, without being one.
I may have to call and inquire or maybe get another HR20 if I want a DVR in the bedroom, which I really don't need.
I DEFINATLY need something with OTA capabilities in the bedroom though.

This is why I've tried to stick with the H20 series so far.
I may have to break down and move up to the stupid add on AM 21, stupid because D* never should have taken the OTA tuner out of the boxes in the first place. save .10 per box, I guess.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts