Internet and phone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Medsport

Original poster
Mar 5, 2013
United States
I'm a current subscriber of the expanded basic cable/internet/digital phone bundle and pay about $135/month and have to cut that down to about half due to hours being cut at work. After numerous tries to get a better promotion, they only lowered my bill by about $8/m. I recently picked up a Roku and although I'm not really happy with the content by itself (didn't know you couldn't watch current seasons of new tv series), I'm about ready to try Netflix or Hulu+ and drop the cable part of the package. I heard they may raise the remaining services slightly. Does anybody know what they should charge for just digital phone and internet (15mbps)?
If its more than around $60 a month then I'm going to start looking for alternatives.

I don't know if the pricing is the same around the country for their services. One area may remove bundling discounts where as another might not. You probably have to call to find out.

Do you really need your land line? That should be the first question.

Second there are many VOIP companies that can provide service over your internet connection you get from TWC. The only real drawback is that a fax machine and VOIP do not mix well.

In my area, Verizon Fios is about $85 per month for both internet (15mbps) and phone (after the promotional period expires.) Internet alone is about $79 per month - unless you cut back to DSL like speeds of less than 5mbps - and that only saves about $10 per month. Right now I'm with Comcast for internet only, at about $62 per month (after promotional period - which I'm still in). That gets me download speeds of 20mbps. I changed my phone to Ooma VOIP - which was bout $150 up front (for the Ooma box) and about $5.00 monthly for tele-com fees. Ooma is great when it's working - but I have had some problems and it's kind-of a pain to have to do all of the troubleshooting yourself while talking to Customer Service reps in a far off land (India?). Clearwire 4g internet is supposed to be available in my area, and it would be cheaper. But I'm right on the boarder-line of their coverage area, so I'm not sure how good the signal would be, and I don't know if the speed would be adequate to meet my needs. A few years ago I had Verizon DSL and basic phone service both for $50 per month. The DSL speed would not have handled HD video, but it was good enough for most basic streaming. The old copper line still runs from the street to my house but Verizon no longer provides copper line service to any homes that previously had FIOS.

Yes, I need my land line since I don't have a cell phone. I have the digital phone which is the same as VOIP I believe. I actually got a nettalk duo also. It was about $65 and gives you free calling for the first year, but I'm not using it because they mislead their advertising in which they said you could keep your old number. As it turns out, they don't offer a port option to import my number in my area right now and don't know when and if they ever will. Like an idiot I didn't set it up until about 6 weeks after I got it and Meijer has a 30 day limit on electronic returns so I can't return it. I still may use it if TW jacks my rates up too much. I'll have to give everyone the new number then (which is a 10 digit number). Only thing that's holding me up in using it is I have a bunch of resumes out and waiting for replies for a new job. Then again, if its been awhile they more than likely won't call so maybe I'll switch and put the new number on my resumes.

In my area, Verizon Fios is about $85 per month for both internet (15mbps) and phone (after the promotional period expires.) Internet alone is about $79 per month - unless you cut back to DSL like speeds of less than 5mbps - and that only saves about $10 per month. Right now I'm with Comcast for internet only, at about $62 per month (after promotional period - which I'm still in). That gets me download speeds of 20mbps. I changed my phone to Ooma VOIP - which was bout $150 up front (for the Ooma box) and about $5.00 monthly for tele-com fees. Ooma is great when it's working - but I have had some problems and it's kind-of a pain to have to do all of the troubleshooting yourself while talking to Customer Service reps in a far off land (India?). Clearwire 4g internet is supposed to be available in my area, and it would be cheaper. But I'm right on the boarder-line of their coverage area, so I'm not sure how good the signal would be, and I don't know if the speed would be adequate to meet my needs. A few years ago I had Verizon DSL and basic phone service both for $50 per month. The DSL speed would not have handled HD video, but it was good enough for most basic streaming. The old copper line still runs from the street to my house but Verizon no longer provides copper line service to any homes that previously had FIOS.

Your internet seemed high at $79 per month...I guess $62 is better. I'm paying TWC $29.99 on promo for 15mbps...should go up a bit after that maybe another$10...the max they charge is $53.95....for 15mbps

I had them just quote me this week for $59.95 for the 25 Mbps internet and $41.95 for the phone. This doesn't include equipment fees and taxes. I am a current subscriber that just got out of a bundle deal and when asking them what the cost would be just for phone and internet since I'm switching to Directv that is what they told me.

All the deals are for new subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)