Internet Connection Kit

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Connect the powerline adapter to the ethernet port of the DECA adapter, not to one of the receivers. The DECA should have a coax connection back to your splitter, as well as a power supply connected to it.

last question about this I think....

Thanks Bob:
Now, does that DECA device connect to the wireless router, or does it connect to the satellite box?

and..is there a diagram somewhere that would show it? DirecTV's diagrams leave out the DECA device entirely.

Thanks Bob:
Now, does that DECA device connect to the wireless router, or does it connect to the satellite box?

If you have a cable from the satellite splitter going to the location of your router, connect to that. With powerline adapters, one adapter connects to the DECA adapter and the other to the router.

I've read this whole thread and I'm still confused. :) I don't have D* receivers yet. I have an ethernet jack right near my receiver location. That ethernet jack goes to a patch panel in the basement and is connected to a 24-port gigabit switch. Can I just plug the HD DVR receiver's ethernet port into my network, assign the HD DVR a static IP and be done with it?

I finally wrapped my rather dull brain around it, Bob! Thanks so much. Now I'm just waiting for the powerline adapters to arrive from Amazon. My wife is going to be so happy to not hear me muttering about this whole thing, as i have been since July.

Well, the adapters came, and I hooked them up. One to the cable modem, and the other to the deca device. I used the splitter to split the incoming sat signal between the hd dvr and the deca device. It said I was connected--but my whole-home dvr service was disrupted. I called DirecTV, and they said I didn't need to use the Deca device--but I thought if I connected the ethernet directly to the dvr, THAT would disable my whole home DVR. Is it really possible to have both the on-demand AND the whole-home at the same time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts