Internet Connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdk$

Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
WMA
Is there any way to view an internet URL through my DirectTV DVR. I'm already connected via a high speed ethernet connection from my router to my DVR but it appears that all I can do at this point is watch pay per view / on demand movies. I would love it if I can merely enter a URL or search via google directly on my DVR. I would love it if I can go to internet sites and view through my big screen instead of sitting at my computer -- watching You Tube videos or being able to stream netflix videos would be great.

Thanks

Chuck

Is there any way to view an internet URL through my DirectTV DVR. I'm already connected via a high speed ethernet connection from my router to my DVR but it appears that all I can do at this point is watch pay per view / on demand movies. I would love it if I can merely enter a URL or search via google directly on my DVR. I would love it if I can go to internet sites and view through my big screen instead of sitting at my computer -- watching You Tube videos or being able to stream netflix videos would be great.

Thanks

Chuck

You could run Playon on your computer to access the videos and stream them to your DVR. Tversity Pro will do You Tube but not Netflix.

Thanks

Chuck
Keep in mind , in most cases your picture quality will not be nearly as good.

guys, he is asking how to use his DVR as a web browser, NOT watch his shows on his computer.. to my knowledge this is not possible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)