Invacom LNB with 22KHz Ecoda switch and DiSEqC Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmd63

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I would like to get a Invacom and use it on my motorized dish. Problem -I have three LNB's on 3 ports of the diseqc switch, and my 4th port is where my motorized dish is on.

Can I use a Ecoda switch to connect the Invacom to my last port for my motorized dish? or will this not work?

-See picture of the set-up. (Thanks to Anole for the original picture)

MotorDiseqcQPH_Anole.JPG

Last edited:
Edit: I was typing while you were getting the picture to upload.
Looks like we came to the same conclusion.
Anyone else have a problem with that?

Your picture did not post.
Perhaps you don't have a high enough post count? Not sure.

But, reading what you typed, I think your answer should be: YES.

Just make sure the receiver goes directly to the motor.
From the motor to the 4x1 diseqc switch.
Then, from one of the diseqc ports to an Ecoda, then one C and one L of the Invacom QPH-031.
Is that what you had on mind?
Sounds okay to me, just off hand.

Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]..
Rcvr---motor---4x1---Ecoda---QPH031
               | |      |
               | |      -----QPH031
               | |
               |  -----------LNB-X
               |
                -------------LNB-Y
..etc..[/FONT]

Personally, I'd not waste an Ecoda on that setup. If you want to use an Ecoda, then put it before the diseqc and use a 2nd diseqc on the 2nd port of the ecoda, giving you room to add another couple lnb's ;) For your proposed setup though, any old 22k switch should be fine, Ecoda ($$$) or generic will work fine.

right you are !

I did think about the price.
But the OP asked about the Ecoda, so that distracted me. - :D
The guy selling them offers two for $19, shipped.
He's local to me, but won't take walk-in orders.
If he did, I'd get a bunch and hand 'em out to friends. - :up

If you can find a local dealer with a cheapie 22khz for $5, so be it.
I hate to think what one would cost, shipped...

But, the nice thing about having an Ecoda on hand, is the future expansion possibilities.
As you noted, the Ecoda followed by TWO diseqc switches is just about as much as most folks could imagine!
....and I think there's a picture like that in the Switches Simplified thread. edit: dwg4

Two great ideas. Good work, Lumpkin !

I'm with lumpkin on this part...

"If you want to use an Ecoda, then put it before the diseqc and use a 2nd diseqc on the 2nd port of the ecoda, giving you room to add another couple lnb's"

That is similar to how i'm doing my setup HERE

brent636 - where are you getting the ecodas from? I was getting them from someone in canada but it takes forever to get them and not that cheap

I picked up the switches from "portportal" at mxmart.com ( ebay store )

"Item Name: ECODA SW22 22KHZ 2X1 22 KHZ TONE BEST FTA MULTI SWITCH
Quantity: 2
Sale price: $6.99
Subtotal: US $13.98
Shipping&handling:
Other (see description): US $0.00 for first item, US $0.00 for each additional item.
Other Int'l Shipping (see description): US $0.00 for first item, US $0.00 for each additional item.
Insurance (per item): $0.25 (optional)
Sales Tax: (none)
"
:)

Thanks for the replies, this is what I will do then (don't have enough LNBs to make 2 diseqc's worth it).
I have a few Ecodas that were cheap to me, and wanting to put them to use (bought at "portportal" at mxmart.com as well (fast shipping for me).

Thanks again.

I want to use the same setup as gmd63 but can a sw21 be used instead of ecoda 22khz.

correct..sw21 switches are Dish network proprietory switches (translation...they only work on Dish Network receievrs)

Thanks again, will the universal lnb be connected on the off or the on side of the switch and in the Stb setup can I use port 4-sw22 on/ port 4-sw22 off to separate lnbs. I know the photo shows it on port 1.

I have a universal because I am trying to locate mexican satellites and some require universal Lnbs.

but dont use it on the 22k...put it on the other ports (the ones without the 22k switch) and put the standard LNB's on the 22k switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts