Invacom QDF031

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Looking here, there, everywhere, just looking around. Noticed that when so many LNB's are at almost giveaway prices, what makes the Invacom QDF031 cost so much? Are they really that great?
RT

Looking here, there, everywhere, just looking around. Noticed that when so many LNB's are at almost giveaway prices, what makes the Invacom QDF031 cost so much? Are they really that great?
RT
Old prices based on old technology. They were good value in their day before PLL LNBs were invented. This is what happens when new products come out.

A name brand PLL LNB costs $14 to $17 (1 port). Or a 2-port can cost $23. What do you think? These don't have that C-120 flange.

Those PLL LNBs really perform especially if you are dealing with small dishes and marginal signals.
Not only are they reasonably priced they are small and weigh next to nothing.

Reason for asking was because I picked up some Ebay stuff real cheap. Three Channel Master feeds and lots of parts with them. Two were used and one was new in box. Also included was the clamps for the end of the arms. Nice thing about the feed, it fits right in those clamps. I had an XtremeII on the CM for 125. Was getting S-87, Q-78. Since I had an LNB with the C120 flange on it, I put it on the horn and on the CM. Little tuning and I now have S-90, Q-86 on the PBS channels. Too bad Cyberham can't get that on 125. Bummer. The set up is big, but works very well.
RT

Attachments

• CM-Feed.jpg
    CM-Feed.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 162
  • CM-LNB.jpg
    CM-LNB.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 151
  • CM-LNB-Feed.jpg
    CM-LNB-Feed.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
How much did you pay for all of it? I might need to go that route on my DTN dish instead of a generic lnbf for it. Might get me a little better Q

How much did you pay for all of it? I might need to go that route on my DTN dish instead of a generic lnbf for it. Might get me a little better Q
The CM parts were a $6.00 bid on Ebay, $17.00 shipping. The LNB I used was from impaktproducts.com. That was item LCMDP for $14.95 but is currently out of stock.
RT

I have this LNB. I had to order it from England and it cost over one hundred dollars when all was said and done. It now sits in my basement as a spare. It performed well, but I wanted to use some stable norsats that I'd come across. The Geosatpro PLL Ku LNBF outperforms this one. But then, they're sort of for different purposes.

So what would work better for a 30" CM round dish.....just using a generic lnbf in the holder or the actual feedhorn/flange for the round offset dishes like what you just picked up?

So what would work better for a 30" CM round dish.....just using a generic lnbf in the holder or the actual feedhorn/flange for the round offset dishes like what you just picked up?
Well that Channel Master is a round dish and I had a generic LNB on it and this change brought the Q up from 78 to 86. So......
But as many will say, "Your mileage may vary."
RT

Looks like I will be taking a trip to the shed this weekend to see if I still have that assembly out there somewhere

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Openbox S9 Remote Control Codes for Slingbox

i'm checking if i have my c band lnbf installed wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)