Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
The ultimate compliment is when someone makes a clone....... One of my early projects, the Invacom QPH-031 now has a Chinese clone! It was only a matter of time.

The LC-101 now sits on the bench waiting for some time to get tested. Gotta love the highly technical product description printed on the LNBF label, "Linear Circular Combine Monster LNBF" LOL!!! The case is lightweight plastic, but otherwise the unit appears to be decent construction.

I have attached a few photos and will post some test results in a few weeks.....

Attachments

• SANY0173.JPG
    SANY0173.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 296
  • SANY0175.JPG
    SANY0175.JPG
    426.7 KB · Views: 205
  • SANY0179.JPG
    SANY0179.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 204
  • SANY0176.JPG
    SANY0176.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 248
  • SANY0174.JPG
    SANY0174.JPG
    430.5 KB · Views: 354
  • SANY0177.JPG
    SANY0177.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 254
  • SANY0178.JPG
    SANY0178.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 265
You might think that Invacom might have something to say....it looks like an almost exact copy, right down to the orange plastic over the scalar....sheese...they have no shame....:D

Thanks for the pics Brian and DO let us know how it does...:up

what'd he say?

Yes, and that's why I was waiting for clarification of what Brian said:
The case is lightweight plastic, but otherwise the unit appears to be decent construction.
A working QPF with less weight (and lower cost) might be an attractive addition to the pool.

Brian;

Sat Av and Harley Davidson, American Ingenuity and Innovation.

You have no doubt heard the story about the first steam locomotive ever shipped to Japan? They tore it apart and copied it exactly, including the patches on the boiler.

I wonder if an autopsy would reveal the same pcb layout, right down to your initials ?

Oops! Did I say lightweight? I was probably being too kind..... I meant the cheap low quality stuff that probably gets brittle in the cold and cracks in half. :eek: I'll weigh the unit for comparison. Don't expect any difference. They copied it well!

I brought the unit home tonight for testing over Thanksgiving! Yep, I am a hobbyist as well! LNBFs and spectrum analyzers win over a football game any day!

Yes, and that's why I was waiting for clarification of what Brian said:

A working QPF with less weight (and lower cost) might be an attractive addition to the pool.

Speaking of Invacom clones... Searching for "linear circular" on ebay brings up a number of inexpensive lnbfs advertised as being both linear and circular. They don't look very heavy. I know what they are usually used for but has anyone tried using them on a true fta setup to get all the usual stuff like G18 as well as channels like NASA? Checking the feedback for these sellers, people appear pretty happy. If it works for the naughty L & C stuff shouldn't it work for us as well?

Speaking of Invacom clones... Searching for "linear circular" on ebay brings up a number of inexpensive lnbfs advertised as being both linear and circular.

If it works for the naughty L & C stuff shouldn't it work for us as well?
I believe these are misrepresented. To get 118.8 and 119 for Dish Network you would need an LNBF that tunes 11.7ghz through 12.7ghz *circular* polarization only.

From my understanding of these auction LNBFs they are calling them linear because they use the linear frequencies for circular polarization. If they were trully FSS + DBS combo LNBFs like the Invacom, they would not work for Dish Network 118.8 + 119 like they are being advertised.

Of course if someone were to test it we would all know how they work. :)

I hooked up a digiwave 1189s to see and I got about 40Q on on118 and then moved it back to where I had it on G18 and got those stations in also.It works but the Q is lower for me on the linear.

To clarify... We do not currently stock or sell this LNBF. It was a sample that was sent to us for testing and for consideration.

Just completed initial testing the QPH-031 clone and I am impressed! The LNBF performed equal to or better than the comparison LNBFs on both Linear and Circular operations. I did not compare it directly with a QPH-031, but hope to perform a side by side comparison in the near future. It consistently outperformed the test Invacom SNH031 LNBF.

Test Link

To clarify... We do not currently stock or sell this LNBF. It was a sample that was sent to us for testing and for consideration.

Just completed initial testing the QPH-031 clone and I am impressed! The LNBF performed equal to or better than the comparison LNBFs on both Linear and Circular operations. I did not compare it directly with a QPH-031, but hope to perform a side by side comparison in the near future. It consistently outperformed the test Invacom SNH031 LNBF.

Test Link

Impessive!, It will be interesting to see how it performs to the real McCoy.

I'd like to see it compared to the QPH also.I have seen this clone on ebay and it is not any cheaper either.Some are even advertising it as the QPH

I'd like to see it compared to the QPH also.I have seen this clone on ebay and it is not any cheaper either.Some are even advertising it as the QPH

I ordered a satellite dish, motor & LNBF package on Ebay and received a monster clone instead of a Invacom as stated! :eek: :eek: :eek:
The seller does state in the listing:
"pictures may not be exact item that you will receive depending to our inventory and brands we carry at the time" :confused:
The listing states (the photo shows a DMS product) a Moteck sg-2100 and that is what I got. The listing states and the photo shows an Invacom QPH-031 and I think I got screwed! :eek: It does not state the dish brand but I did receive a Digiwave which came damaged from inside the package. :mad: Should I shut up and be happy with the monster or did I get hosed??? :confused: Do I go by the photos or the item description in the listing??? :confused: What do you make of that statement which is exactly quoted from the auction listing??? :confused: This is the first time I ever had a problem with an electronic purchase on Ebay!!!... :( Any advise is appreciated!!!... :)

Apparently the clone works really well by looking at its signal levels,just a tad on the heavy side.As for the dish you would have to contact the seller for a replacement.

The seller says that I can send the "Monster" back and get the Invacom. He does add that the monster does pick up 118.8 which the Invacom does not. Is there any great reason to get 118.8??? The monster has a 2 year warranty but I think the Invacom has a longer warranty. Any unput...???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts