ION guide data "To Be Announced"

bluenerd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Bluetopia
What is being done to address this issue, and prevent it from constantly happening?

Please note that "oh we're so sorry, we hope it is fixed soon" can be simply shortened to "nothing".

• Haha
Reactions: pattykay
I absolutely agree it is beating a dead horse, the point was obviously not to impart new information. That said, if there is room for a new pixelation thread every other day, we can certainly ride Dish's ass on this issue until they pull their head out of it.

That said, if there is room for a new pixelation thread every other day, we can certainly ride Dish's ass on this issue until they pull their head out of it.

Because the begging and pleading to fix all the other guide data issues has worked so well for us. :facepalm

(I do agree with your frustration, though)

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
What is being done to address this issue, and prevent it from constantly happening?

Please note that "oh we're so sorry, we hope it is fixed soon" can be simply shortened to "nothing".
I see the same thing on the national feed of ION, channel 250. However, my local ION affiliate OTA channel 023-01 WVPX does still have guide info, currently showing CSI: Miami. Unfortunately, this same guide info is also being mapped to ION's sister network (ION Plus) station in my market (Cleveland, Ohio) 017-01 WDLI, which is not the correct guide information for that station. At one point, Dish used to simply map the guide info from the national ION feed down to the local affiliates, regardless of what was actually showing on those local stations. Now, it appears that the local affiliates have their own guide data streams, separate from the national feed. So, perhaps Dish can solve this issue by reversing the process, and map the guide stream from one of the local affiliates to appear on the national feed's channel. :biggrin

On a completely unrelated note (but since we are discussing incorrect guide information) channel 6070 (or 099-70 on Hopper-interface receivers) is still listed in the guide (and in the Song ID) as SiriusXM Love, when that channel has actually been playing Yacht Rock for quite some time now.

I absolutely agree it is beating a dead horse, the point was obviously not to impart new information. That said, if there is room for a new pixelation thread every other day, we can certainly ride Dish's ass on this issue until they pull their head out of it.
I was attempting humor, not a comment on the content of this thread. If anything else was inferred, my apologies.

And, yes, the poor pixellation dead horse is beaten so far into the ground that flowers are starting to come up ;)

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Dish's silence is both deafening and completely expected.
Well, what else could be expected? At the moment, I see complete guide information on both the national feed of ION and my local affiliate. So, should Dish have chimed in to this thread just to say "We fixed it (for now)"? Or do you think that they would actually respond to my off-topic complaints about WDLI and SiriusXM Yacht Rock? I sure wouldn't expect that. :)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Well, what else could be expected? At the moment, I see complete guide information on both the national feed of ION and my local affiliate. So, should Dish have chimed in to this thread just to say "We fixed it (for now)"? Or do you think that they would actually respond to my off-topic complaints about WDLI and SiriusXM Yacht Rock? I sure wouldn't expect that. :)

What Dish "should" have done is answer the question, and by not answering, they did. It was never about the lack of info on ION, it was about the fact that this WILL happen again on another channel. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another.

What Dish "should" have done is answer the question, and by not answering, they did. It was never about the lack of info on ION...
Silly me. I assumed that this thread was about the topic specifically stated in the thread title. :rolleyes

...it was about the fact that this WILL happen again on another channel. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another.
And here I thought that I was The Happy Pessimist. (Well, I don't know how happy or not you are, but pessimistic, definitely.)

• Love
Reactions: Howard Simmons
What Dish "should" have done is answer the question, and by not answering, they did. It was never about the lack of info on ION, it was about the fact that this WILL happen again on another channel. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another.
That's why we're here to answer your questions if we can. The people on here usually answer faster than Dish does anyway.:oldsmile2

• Love
Reactions: DJ Lon and pattykay
Don't look now, but yet another Joey pixilation thread was just started today. :eek:

On a completely unrelated note (but since we are discussing incorrect guide information) channel 6070 (or 099-70 on Hopper-interface receivers) is still listed in the guide (and in the Song ID) as SiriusXM Love, when that channel has actually been playing Yacht Rock for quite some time now.
Yacht Rock ended today, and SiriusXM Love is actually back on that channel now. :) :heartbeat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)