IOS 8 Discussion

And here I am still on 6.something on my iPhone 4... I'm still leery about updating my phone since 7 will slow it down a lot, and (so far) all the apps I have still work fine in 6. I don't connect to any wifi other than my own, so security shouldn't be an issue...

Anyone else have a problem staying connected to wifi? Quite frequently i will find I am connected to LTE/3G instead of wifi. When this happens if I check the wifi settings I find that none of the dozen APs I usually see are showing and the only way I can get the wifi working is to reboot.

Any suggestions?

Anyone else have a problem staying connected to wifi? Quite frequently i will find I am connected to LTE/3G instead of wifi. When this happens if I check the wifi settings I find that none of the dozen APs I usually see are showing and the only way I can get the wifi working is to reboot.

Any suggestions?
No wifi trouble here. Might try resetting Network Settings.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried to reset the network settings? I read someplace that helped with wifi issues. Settings ---> General ---> Reset ---> Reset Network Settings

I had a problem until I went to Privacy > Location Services > System Settings and turned off Wi-Fi Networking. Then I reset the WiFi Settings. This doesn't turn off Wi-Fi - it just blocks the device from using nearby Wi-Fi networks to assist GPS in determining your location faster. I figure there will be a fix in a future release.

Have you tried to reset the network settings? I read someplace that helped with wifi issues. Settings ---> General ---> Reset ---> Reset Network Settings

I had a problem until I went to Privacy > Location Services > System Settings and turned off Wi-Fi Networking. Then I reset the WiFi Settings. This doesn't turn off Wi-Fi - it just blocks the device from using nearby Wi-Fi networks to assist GPS in determining your location faster. I figure there will be a fix in a future release.
OK thanks guys I'll try both of these.

EDIT: didn't help

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)