IOS 8 Discussion

I was wondering the same thing any eleven year old is showing as an adult. I can't figure out how to change it.
I found out how to change the age.

Using the ipad/iphone of the person in question
goto - Settings
then - iCloud
select the name at the top
enter password
select - Password & Security
select the Birthday up top
You can now set the birthday to the correct date & then Save

8.0.2 out and I have downloaded and installed on my Plus. My iPad still has 8.0.1 in its que. when I try to install it I get this message.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1411693429.119016.jpg

Any idea on how to get rid of it?

After upgrading all of our iOS devices to 8.0 and after switching to iPhone 6 I now have a strange issue: my iPad now rings whenever my phone rings! (I tried unswerving the call on the iPad, but i couldn't.) How do I prevent my iPad from ringing?

I checked the settings for both iMessage and FaceTime and both have my phone number unchecked. What else am I missing? Weird!

You can also answer the phone on a Mac running OS X Yosemite.

8.0.2 out and I have downloaded and installed on my Plus. My iPad still has 8.0.1 in its que. when I try to install it I get this message.

View attachment 101683

Any idea on how to get rid of it?
Sounds like your WiFi is goofed up. I would try a power off and restart to see if that fixes it. If that doesn't work, there's always iTunes.

No. Wifi was fine. Every thing else was fine as far as the internet went. I think it had something to do with the 8.0.1 recall. Checked it this morning and it showed 8.0.2 ready to download. Updated, and all seems to be good to go now.

Or you got it right before Apple pulled it (8.0.1) and your iPad saved you from you installing the flawed version. Glad to hear you got it figured out.

I have iOS 8.0.2 waiting to install, but my battery is under 50% so my phone won't let me. :)

I'm hoping there will be a jailbreak for this. Going from a jailbroken 5 to a new 6+, two things are going to drive me crazy: not being able. To reduce the space between columns and rows on the home screen to add more and that folders only show 9 app sat a time (so much wasted space and extra scrolling because of both of these).

All good on my iPhone 5s. I plugged it in as Stimpson suggested (I was anyway, but I'll give him credit!)

Reactions: stimpson
My wife will not hit the upgrade button. She is still peeved that an earlier update spell checked her notes and she lost her password hints. Says apple has lost their way just like Microsoft did a few years back.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

image-4010549722.jpg

This is supposed to be for choosing the date in an app. As you can see you can't. Is this because of iOS 8.0.2 or is it a problem with the app or the iPhone 6?
In a different app there is a similar type popup for entering an email address an of course you can't. These type of things make me consider switching back to my iPhone 5.

View attachment 101820

This is supposed to be for choosing the date in an app. As you can see you can't. Is this because of iOS 8.0.2 or is it a problem with the app or the iPhone 6?
In a different app there is a similar type popup for entering an email address an of course you can't. These type of things make me consider switching back to my iPhone 5.
Sounds like the app hasn't been updated for iOS 8 yet.

I have encountered compatibility issues in a couple of apps too, including an occasionally blank keyboard in Tapatalk HD on my iPAD (my workaround is to change the iPAD orientation - that brings the keyboard back).

Sounds like the app hasn't been updated for iOS 8 yet.

I have encountered compatibility issues in a couple of apps too, including an occasionally blank keyboard in Tapatalk HD on my iPAD (my workaround is to change the iPAD orientation - that brings the keyboard back).

I had that problem with Tapatalk HD. They have stopped updating it a while ago. Switch to the free version of Tapatalk and login and you will get all your premium perks. That's the only version they are still updating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)