iOS7 Discussion Thread

If that's how it will look I'll stay with IOS 6. That looks awful. I'd expect a children's play phone to look like that. If this is the official release Apples iphone will be committing suicide.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This may be the final push needed to go back to Android. Apple has lost it's innovative edge.

Part of the appeal of an Android phone or an iOS phone is the way the stuff on the screen looks. This is one of the reasons I would never consider a Windows phone.

Is it just me, or has the whole UI design field become disciples of Edwin Abbott, author of Flatland?

I've been seeing this for a while, and having seen the big unveil I see this as a me too. Take a look at Apple's weather and the Yahoo weather app to see what I mean. Too minimalist for my tastes, but I'm not everyone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, the video of iOS did not look anything like that - and it looked elegant and yet simple.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4...s-ios-7#ooid=N3YjJiYzpoXJili3tmD9hz6-UEGUHUMk

Your elegant and simple is my dumbed down and simplistic. It's flat icons floating over a wallpaper.

Seriously take a look at the flat interfaces of Yahoo / GMail / Win 8 and other stuff to see exactly what I'm talking about with UI design trending to the flat for everything.

Doesn't matter to me too much, as I only use iOS when I have to.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I like the new look. Also like how you can turn off Bluetooth without having to go into settings anymore . That's what I like about apple is their os is easy to use.

It did not look terrible to me, and I don't think it is terribly flat - not given what I saw with the depth to backgrounds - but until I see it and not just in a quick video, it will be hard to judge. Too early for me to tell if it is dumbed down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)